Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Re texturing  (Read 1581 times)

vovi

Re texturing
« on: 20 Apr 2005, 12:12:01 »
I'm planning on retexturing one of the the OFP roads and then using it as a seperate addon. I reckon I can retexture the roads easily but I expect I'll have to write something special for the config, but i dont know...

Also, I can I put custom roads into WRPTool?

Serial Killer

Re:Re texturing
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2005, 13:54:52 »
You don't need to write anything "special" in that config.
----
Yes, you can put custom addons, objects, trees, anything by WRPtool ;) I'm not sure, but I think that you have to place that pbo. file inside of island file and then start your job :P

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2005, 16:44:42 »
heyho... not so quick mate... you DO have to write something in your donfig, otherwise you will have a problem like i had ;);) http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=22823
in any case  ofp has to know how it shall handle your p3d. that applies for all models!

put this in the config of your addon. replace your_road
with the name of your road minus the .p3d suffix.
Code: [Select]
class cfgModels
{
class Default { };
class Road: Default
   {
      properties[]={"class","road"};
   };
   class your_road: Road      {};
};
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

vovi

« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2005, 13:14:03 »
mmmm....

Thats not so clear to me...

I've only just started on addon editing, then most I've done is retexture an existing ofp addon.

I have a few questions,

1.  Is there any way of placing an addon in the pbo with the island (for the release), with out packing it externally and seperately?

2.  Is there any program that can bulk convert textures to paa/pac.

3. Does anyone know how to put custom roads into WRPTool?

Please answer these questions in a way that is easy to understand.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2005, 11:09:47 »
1. that's completely free. you can put the objects, the textures and the config in separate pbos or put it all together or include it in the came pbo as the island. that's no problem. imagine ofp handles pbos like your computer handles folders. so only the cross-references must be right. that's all ;)

the most convenient way though is to put the island in one pbo and the objects and their textures etc. in another one because that makes it easier for other people to use your objects for their own island.

2. not as far as i know. (perhaps the old tga2paa programme???) i might be wrong here...
btw. the best texture conversion tool is paatool v1.1.

3. like all other objects: view -> object browser -> add new -> *select file*
your object will then appear in the object list. use the object placer tool to place them in line. but they must be defined as roads in their config like i wrote above otherwise they flicker ingame.
i'm sure there are more info and some screenshots in the official wrptool manual.

hope that helps ;)
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

vovi

« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2005, 11:07:02 »
cheers for that,

do you know of any program thar can convert paa/paa to a normal graphics file like jpg.?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2005, 12:40:19 »
Texview will convert it to tga if that helps?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Lean Bear

« Reply #7 on: 26 Apr 2005, 21:04:39 »
If you don't have a program that can handle *.tga extensions:

Open up the texture in whatever, as long as you can see it clearly. Then do a print screen (Prt Sc) and paste the image into your favourite image editor and cut out the texture.

Then save as .jpg :)