Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom GUI - config parts  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
Custom GUI - config parts
« on: 17 Apr 2005, 20:03:30 »
Hey there people!

Been working on a custom GUI for the whole day. I red the tutorial explaining the basics of it and I get into the game, but then the problems start. First I get an error about cfgvehicles saying something about that civilianIsMan isn't defined or something similiar (shouldn't be hard to reproduce that since I get it every time :) ) and ingame the guys have no weapons and such.
Anyways, I know that there's loads of people who've got this working, and I would like to ask YOU (yes that's you who I'm talking to ;) ) tell me the basic layout of the config that I need to put into the bin folder to get the custom GUI working. So far I've tried everything I know to get the damn thing working, even tried to look at the ECP config, no luck. All I want is that GUI, nothing more, nothing less. :) Exactly what do I need to define in the config?
Next up would be the mission editor, haven't tried that, but if it's not much of a trouble... :P You know.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Custom GUI - config parts
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2005, 20:07:40 »
The GUI elements are defined in the resource.bin.

Try looking at the ECP resource.cpp in a text editor.

Planck
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2005, 20:08:06 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2005, 21:31:16 »
i have no clue about it, but there was a link to a tut by raymond koh over at ofp.info-
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6377
hope that helps.
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Lean Bear

« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2005, 21:08:10 »
What Planck said is right, if you try and save it in the config.bin then you have no hope of it working.

As long as you've just changed the GUI related parts of the rescource.bin there really shouldn't be any problems, I've done it loads of times with no faults.