Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: send me textures  (Read 1032 times)

bringer_25

send me textures
« on: 31 Oct 2002, 03:53:14 »
can someone please send me a nice textures of a desert landing strip, and a new texture for the taxi way, so they can park, i saw someone post a pic and it looked nice, can someone give me some textures of these

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
Re:send me textures
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2002, 09:23:32 »
Hmm... ok

What kind of airstrip, asphalt? dirt? concrete? same for the taxiways? orientation (N-S, E-W or both)?  Anything else, such as a tarmac/flightline? What resolution? (I prefer 512x512) and what sand texture are you using, there are quite a few of them, well a lot less at 512x512 :)

If you have any pictures or even a layout plan that would help too.

You can PM me if you like, or send me an email to keith705@yahoo.com as long as you want high-res textures I can probably do it for you :)

Leone

Re:send me textures
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2002, 15:22:13 »
If you saw those at OPGulfWarCrisis, then they are my (and Quakergamer's) efforts. I won't send you those, mainly because they are just Beta textures for the Beta Mod (coming soon). They are at 512x512, but they don't "tile" as well as I would like them too....so I wouldn't be happy releasing them for general use.

Currently I am working up a large texture set....so maybe in a couple of months I will have a better set ready...but a long way to go.

FYI the Beta Map will have 176 custom textures. The final one I am projecting possibly around 400. A FULL set of these textures would run into the thousands..that includes all possible blend combinations....so it wouldn't exactly be something you could just email  ;D