Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Turrent On Plane...?  (Read 1028 times)

modderman

Turrent On Plane...?
« on: 17 Apr 2005, 17:50:54 »
I was wondering if it would be possible to but a chain-gun like turrent on a plane, so just like a chopper the gunner can move it around and target objects....
If thats not possible....
What about like on this swift boat addon i found,
where it places a cannon, and few machine gunners around the boat, Maybe that would work for adding a chain gun to a plane....????
Thanks...

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Turrent On Plane...?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2005, 18:03:03 »
AFAIK you cannot have a turret on a plane.

As far as the boat goes, that is done by a setpos loop that keeps the turret or gun in position.
This is possible with boats because they do not pitch and bank much at all.

With planes it would be a different story, they pitch and bank all over the place, a turret would have a hard job keeping up with it  ;D

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
Re:Turrent On Plane...?
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2005, 18:04:09 »
well, i don't know of any plane addon that has a rotating gunner. but theoretically it certainly must be possible cos a heli has all the selections for it like a tank. -> otochlaven, otocvez and the relative osa-selections in the memory lod. make the gunner proxy part of the otocvez-selection and it turns with the gun.
for multi-turrets i am not as sure. these additional gunner positions of the swift boats are separate guns, scripted to keep a certain position relative to the boat. for the more komplex movements of tanks and planes it would be a lot harder. good luck if you want to give it a try ;)

edit--- bummer -planck was quicker!
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2005, 18:05:04 by remcen »
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD