Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dark grey dot in Aimpoint  (Read 1286 times)

Preparation H

Dark grey dot in Aimpoint
« on: 13 Apr 2005, 17:29:58 »
Hello guys,

i've searched the entire forum but i didn't find a solution for my problem.

I'm updating a rifle I made some time ago, the Beretta SC-70/90, and i would like to create my own Aimpoint sight instead of using the standard one (XMS). Everything works fine when using this sight during the day but, when i try it in night missions i don't see correctly the red dot. The dot is not red but dark grey...obviously it's impossible to aim.

I just modified the original optika_XMS file, changing the texture of the scope structure. I didn't modify the red dot so i can't understand why it doesn't work.  ???
I tried changing options in vertex properties but nothing happens...anyway i'm not sure i did well since i simply tried every option i found..  :P

Since i just have a little experience with optics, there's anything i need to know to solve this? Any suggestions before i get an hammer and start to destroy my computer?   >:(

Thanks...   :)

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
Re:Dark grey dot in Aimpoint
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2005, 19:40:16 »
did you try this
select the faces you want to shine and press shift+e, find the lighting section press Shining, press apply and then ok?

Preparation H

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2005, 21:19:28 »
I tried but nothing happens...same result. I'm going crazy!  :'(

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2005, 21:30:15 »
Try using the original, unedited optic texture for the XMS.

If that works ok then it might be your texture that is at fault.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Preparation H

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2005, 21:44:23 »
I tried to delete the square where i applied the scope texture. I left there only the original red dot and the original muzzle flash to see if it the problem was due by the texture i modified.

Even using ONLY  that original red dot on the aiming sight the result doesn't changes: the dot is too dark to aim in a decent way...

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2005, 21:47:37 »
The only other suggestion that springs to mind is to change the order of the textures,

The xms_reddot.paa and the puskohled_lh.paa are on the same face, maybe you need to change the order they are displayed in.

Planck
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2005, 21:48:06 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.