Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: be brutally honest please  (Read 2451 times)

STO_blackbird

be brutally honest please
« on: 12 Oct 2002, 22:04:13 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Eviscerator

Re:be brutally honest please
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2002, 22:12:11 »
ok, brutally honest: it looks good the only problem i can see is your main barrel, the muzzle brake cuts are very ugly and the barrel looks too fat, the rest of it looks good

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2002, 00:21:58 »
Yeah, I agree with the above, barrel needs to be longer, thinner, and there is a second graduation in the diameter before the muzzle brake. As the pic is a little small, it is difficult to see any smaller details that might need tweaking. Please make some screenshots from a closer range and various angles so that we may give more constructive criticism.
But, I think it's an excellent start so far.
Looks good!

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2002, 05:38:11 »
Ditio, Looks good, keep it up!  ;)

STO_blackbird

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2002, 09:44:36 »
thx for the input.  i have a VERY basic knowledge of modeling at this point but i am learning new things daily.  i still need to also add tires, hitchpoints on each of the arms and several other items(more detailed breach etc..). i will try to get some better shots when i have more time to work with it.  i just got home from work and i have 8 hours turn around time till i gotta go back.  i work at wal-mart so go figure.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2002, 23:41:39 »
I know I understand, I worked a McD's for a Year and they Worked me like Crazy, (they kind of forgot to Pay me fairly for all the work I did  >:( )

STO_blackbird

« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2002, 08:05:32 »
working on an entirly new model.  may be awhile before i get any pics out of it.  i also need a better program to take screenshots to instead of PAINT cause it distorts it when i save as a jpg.  

DeLiltMon

« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2002, 12:55:06 »
download the demo of Paintshop pro (http://www.jasc.com/products/psp/) you're gonna need something better than paint to do the textures.

STO_blackbird

« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct 2002, 22:11:26 »

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2002, 01:06:13 »
OK, guy.... KILL IT! (joking)
Stop this new model, it's totally wrong. Go back to the first model if possible, you were much closer there. Put this new barrel, maintaining aspect ratio, on that model... 'Kay?
Then we can give more advice, as to tweaking and cleaning it up.
Later.

STO_blackbird

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2002, 02:07:15 »

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 15 Oct 2002, 09:44:10 »
The barrel is to thin, way to thin. Look at the picture posted in this thread (of the real weapon) and look at your latest shot.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline PakoAry

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 15 Oct 2002, 21:44:24 »
Salutations!

Adding to what KTotte said.

Convert those pics to proper size/aspect ratio and load them as a bg texture. Since you probably don't have a blueprint, use the small pic (almost a side view) as a reference to obtain the barrel proportion. You'll also benefit from superimposing a 3Dprojected view solid faced model to the big picture for visual comparison...

and I'd recommend you to pause your modelling for a few hours and invest that time gathering more references on the net...

...continuing being brutally honest, as you've asked, I'd say you need to keep working your model. Some will say textures would hide the low quality model, but I have as a policy that low polygon is not the same as low quality.

Do not give up when you receive a negative feedback, as mine. I'm being brutally honest... Perseverence makes us succeed.

keep working
good luck
té mais
Pako Ary