Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ground Texture Merging  (Read 1830 times)

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
Ground Texture Merging
« on: 29 Sep 2002, 21:28:44 »
I saw on the old forum a topci about doing this in Pothoshop but does anyone know how to do it in Paint Shop Pro??

I ask as I have someone else done them for me but it would be much quicker if I was to do it myselft but I cant work it out.

Any help would be great..
CBF Shipbuilding

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
Re:Ground Texture Merging
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2002, 23:06:07 »
Does anyone out there even know how???
CBF Shipbuilding

SFG

« Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2002, 00:49:38 »
I know how in Paint Shop Pro ;) ICQ me..

MadAussie

« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2002, 03:48:57 »
Gday Guys...
I am in the same boat...but i have photoshop 6.0.  I have someone looking at the textures now but like you CBFASI i would like to do them myself...for some reason when i combine or mask 2 textures they come out black and white..why,why, why?
If anyone can point me in the right direction i would b appreciative..BTW i am already following the tutorial from the CIA site.
MadAussie out...

p.s.  My Islands are done..they just need good texturing

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2002, 11:29:54 »
are you talking about clone brushing?? If so, just go to the left side of the toolbar where you have all the tools and drag your mouse untop of each tools and wait for a second and it will give you the name of the tool.  Drag your mouse for a while untill you find the clone brush.  How to use it, just right click on the place you want to merge then click on the left mouse button to start merging! :D  I hope this helped. Adios

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 02 Oct 2002, 19:33:34 »
Well after talking to SFG last night I almost had it, but it didn't quite work as expected..

So I started to see just what all those buttons etc did...

I found this thing called masks...

I then remembered downloading the Photoshop masks some time ago and was surprised that psp actually loaded them..

I then created the mask from the picture (black and white gradiatied) using source illuminance..

That was it...

Ensure you now on colour setting and not grayscale now..

I then painted my textues over it which went over the mask, then copied this over to the OTHER texture i wanted to merge with and just placed it on top..

But that was only the start......

While going through one of the MS-FSims I found 14 sets of masks in bmp format, each varying slightly.

I dont know how photoshop works but there might be some similiarity with the above.

Thanks for the help, it pointed me in the right direction.
CBF Shipbuilding

ofptest

« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2002, 05:48:45 »
For Photoshop 6.0 Users/Mad Aussie: Blending 2 Ground Textures using Masks

This information expands on the useful CIA-Site tutorial:
http://www.ciahome.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=WrpTexHowTo

1. Open the 2 different Ground Textures you wish to merge and the PNG mask downloaded from the link above in Photoshop 6.0.

2. Make sure both Textures and the Mask are the same resolution(ex. 128x128 pixels).  Resize if necessary.

3. Make sure one of the textures is the active window and in the Image menu click on Apply Image...

4. In the box that pops up set the Source as the 2nd texture, then set Blending to Normal, Opacity at 100%.  Click on the Mask check box and select the PNG mask.

5. Click Ok and Save your Blended Texture under a different name.

If you still experience problems then under Image/Mode, choose RGB color, and under Layer choose Duplicate Layer.
I originally had the same problems and the above works for me.  Good luck finishing those textures.

MadAussie

« Reply #7 on: 04 Oct 2002, 04:51:41 »
Gday,

Thanks for the info..i will try this tonight after the bucks night (wedding tommorrow)..i have just gotten my head around the clone brushing and that seemed to work..but i will try the cia masks again..(cause it will cut down the workload)
Thanks again mate..Ill let you know how i go  ;)
MadAussie out...

(wipes saliva off keyboard)

Deadsoldier

« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2002, 07:53:25 »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2002, 07:54:00 by Deadsoldier »