Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: eventhandlers not saving...  (Read 425 times)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
eventhandlers not saving...
« on: 14 Mar 2005, 09:33:02 »
i have flashpoint goty edition, patched to 1.96, and so according to the eventhandler bumf in the resource section, the savegame bug should be eliminated. but i just reloaded a mission, killed the badguy, and nothing happened - his 'killed' event handler didn't fire.

any ideas?

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Re:eventhandlers not saving...
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2005, 09:45:32 »
I use event handlers a lot in my latest mission.  No one has reported any problems with it in beta testing, and they certainly would if the problem had not been fixed.  Do you want to show us what you are doing?

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2005, 09:52:40 »
no mystery really. in the init.sqs file i add an eventhandler thus -

Code: [Select]
badguy AddEventHandler ["killed", {player setcaptive true; _this exec "badguy_nomore.sqs"}]
the setcaptive command is just to prevent surrounding loons popping the player while the badguy-dying cutscene in 'badguy_nomore.sqs' is playing.

i just have to check one thing... nope. there is a variable upon which the script depends, but the one and only way it could be triggered wasn't active.

it's not just the badguy either. there's a kidnap victim in there with a 'killed' event handler, and in my annoyance at having killed the badguy with no effect, i popped the kidnapee too, with no result.

most annoying.  :-\

EDIT - found the problem. the variable was set in another script, disabling the eventhandler... my bad... sorry  :-[
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2005, 11:22:59 by bedges »

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2005, 11:51:16 »
Well as long as you have found it.