Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need a Man in black!  (Read 1681 times)

Offline gezegond

• Members
Need a Man in black!
« on: 17 May 2010, 17:48:16 »
Hi! I'm fairly new to modeling, and I've just made a crate in o2.

I wanted to re-texture a simple "Man", make him wear a suit, and put it in my mission as a special agent of sorts.

I realized that using the models included in OFP as a base for your addons is illegal (am I correct?) and therefore I can't re-texture them for a suit wearing guy (am I correct?)

So I downloaded BISModels.zip (which is, as much as I learned, models that are free to use) and there was a sample "BISMAN" inside, I re-textured it, and looked fine...

However, the model I'm talking about is quite buggy. He goes right through buildings and cars, and he can't climb the stairs. (It was like this before I re-textured it, so I haven't done anything wrong with it)

Can you help me with this problem?
Because I don't know much about modeling, if you could give me a free to use man model I could use as a base model, it would be the best.

If not, can you tell me how to fix the sample man's problems??? (I searched the tutorials, but I couldn't find one that would teach me to model a simple man).

THANKS A LOT!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Need a Man in black!
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2010, 19:11:20 »
I believe the Farmland mod has an addon which includes a man in black. And zombies.

Linky.

Offline gezegond

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2010, 23:34:16 »
Is it free to use? (free to use, as in free to modify and submit on your own)

It doesn't HAVE to be wearing black, as I can re-texture it. Just a working, free to use, civilian model. I need one so I can make all kinds of civilians (and even soldiers) using re-texture. I could also modify the 3D file.

It's okay if there's none though, I'll just tinker with the ones I have. Although it would be really cool if you could direct me to unit making tutorial.

Thanks for the reply BTW.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2010, 14:06:39 by gezegond »

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2010, 13:22:21 »
As far as I am aware, thinking back to OFP, you can use any OFP models you wish as a basis for your addons, as long as they remain within OFP and are not made for commercial use (aka you're selling them).