Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom Texture Question  (Read 1083 times)

Offline IGWedge

• Members
  • Internal Coordinator @ www.ic-arma.com
    • International Conflict Armed Assault
Custom Texture Question
« on: 01 Mar 2005, 14:35:52 »
Hello all

I have a couple of basic questions about textures as i seem to be confusing myself a little .

I have created a set of custom textures in photoshop.
Instead of telling you what i have done i will ask you what the proper process is.

Exactly what file format should they be saved as (TGA but what type,Compression etc..?).

When opened and viewed in texview it only seems to save it as a PAA...is this ok or should it be PAC (if so how can i save it as PAC).

Once saved correctly and loaded into WRPtool you can place your textures down on your new island.But where is the correct place to put your new textures.Do you PBO in with your Island PBO.. or .. do you PBO your texture set and put into your mod folder?? .

Many thanks on this in advance

Wedge

PS  also posted this in the PMC forums

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Custom Texture Question
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2005, 23:11:01 »
OK

I seem to recall that the TGA's need to be 32 bit uncompressed (that would be 24 bit actually plus the 8 bit alpha channel).
If you aren't using any alpha channels then I suppose 24 bit uncompressed is fine.

To save as PAC instead of PAA.......just alter the file extension to PAC.

i.e.   Instead of saving as mytexture.paa save as mytexture.pac

EDIT: It may in the end save it as mytexture.paa.pac, in that case just rename it yourself to mytexture.pac

I can't help with WrpTool as I don't use it.

Planck
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2005, 12:39:59 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
Re:Custom Texture Question
« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2005, 11:10:10 »
please keep the ground textures, the objects, and the maps all in seperate pbo's. That way, distribution is easier on the 56k'rs, and also if you have to make any patches, the patch size will be much more manageble.