Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: cpp questions---cost? camouflage?? accuracy???  (Read 1390 times)

senator

cpp questions---cost? camouflage?? accuracy???
« on: 28 Sep 2002, 20:26:05 »
cost???  What does this do in the .cpp
camouflage???  do I set the number higher for more or what
accuracy??? same, what do I set the number to to up accuracy???
Senator :gunman:

Lucknow

Re:cpp questions---cost? camouflage?? accuracy???
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2002, 17:42:02 »
camouflage - the lower the figure the harder for AI soldiers to spot that soldier ingame

e.g.

regular troops have value =1
spec ops have value =0.7
snipers have value =0.5

accuracy - not sure what this does but I think it determines how good an AI soldier is at identifying targets the further away they are (officers, specs ops, snipers etc.. have higher values than regular soldiers). Anyone else?

What I do know is it has nothing to do with how accurately a soldier shoots at targets, thats determined by other commands.

senator

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2002, 04:01:44 »
Great!  If Accuaracy is for AI, then I don't need to have it.  But it it is for a regular player then that would kind of be important, especially if your desighning a special ops Sniper.
do you know if there is a really good tutorial, i mean one that tells what is what in each command line for troops, tanks air ect.??? :afro:
Senator
PS Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lucknow

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2002, 15:14:40 »
re: 'a good tutuorial' on cpp commands.

There used to be a sticky thread on this forum before the changes to the new format which was an excellent resource for those edting cpp commands. I and many other addon makers contributed to it, myself for Weapon and Ammo command definitions.

Suggest you message the site admin to see if it's still about somewhere.

1B1KSniper

« Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2002, 17:51:00 »
Accuracy determines not how well it identifies a target but how accurately it is identified by other units.  Not sure how the numbers work for it though.
Cost,  I believed in the case of vehicles it determines how highly valued units are compared to each other.  So a unit with a higher cost is more likely to be attacked by an enemy unit than by a unit of the same class with a lower cost if they were side by side.

paloma

« Reply #5 on: 04 Oct 2002, 02:28:11 »
Good thoughts about cost, but I heard very early on that cost was for a purchasing system that was never implemented.