Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: newbe in need of help  (Read 1392 times)

mrgreaper

newbe in need of help
« on: 14 Mar 2005, 14:55:07 »
Hi i need help creating a weapon crate .... i dont know where to begin

the reason i need to create one is because i`m making a map for me and a mate to play multiplayer and it will be long and we will need to be resupplied, i`m using a script (dropcrate) from this site which is perfect though i need a crate that holds all the weapons me and my mate use

i realise this may be asking a lot but if some one can guide me through the steps of making one (using default weapons) i`ll be able to work out how to add my own guns and magazines
it doesn`t matter what the weapon crate looks like though i`d prefer it to look like the dropcrate minus the parachute

thank you in advance
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2005, 14:56:01 by mrgreaper »

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
Re:newbe in need of help
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2005, 18:46:44 »
Easy,
_Crate = camcreate "ReammoBoxWest" getpos player
_crate addweaponcargo["M16",500]
_crate addmagazinecargo ["M16",5000]

You will need to put this in an .sqs file or it will not work because triggers dont support global variables (_).
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

mrgreaper

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2005, 19:08:45 »
Easy,
_Crate = camcreate "ReammoBoxWest" getpos player
_crate addweaponcargo["M16",500]
_crate addmagazinecargo ["M16",5000]

You will need to put this in an .sqs file or it will not work because triggers dont support global variables (_).

hmmm not sure this will work ummm what the dropcrate script does is allow u to add (( On Activeaction:[_TargetPlayer,_"plane",_"vehicle"]exec "\dcrateb\dropcrateb.sqs")) the "vehcle appears when the crate lands (well goes through the floor :( what i need to do is either create a custom .pbo crate or find a way to make it spawn a crate (with my own weapons in it) or if i can create a script that would load it out like yours once it has landed ie

[myPlayername,"C130v1a","ReammoBoxWest"]exec "dropcrate.sqs"

then an ammobox will be created but i have no idea how to addweapons to a box thats created by another script

if i create my own ammo crate as pbo i can just have ;
[myPlayername,"C130v1a","Mrgreapersammobox"]exec "dropcrate.sqs"

which would be easier but i need a sample ammobox.pbo to work from as i`m no good at 3d and i`m new to creating config files

as i say i may be asking a bit much but i looked at all the tutorial sites i could find and i`m still non the wiser as to how to create an ammo crate i`ve seen planes cars guns ...even a mech but no crates :(
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2005, 19:12:55 by mrgreaper »

PrejudiceSucks

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2005, 20:06:00 »
I believe that there is some kind of program in the Addons Depot with which you can make not only custom soldiers, but also custom crates.

I have forgotten what it is called, but it is really handy.

mrgreaper

« Reply #4 on: 14 Mar 2005, 20:59:17 »
I believe that there is some kind of program in the Addons Depot with which you can make not only custom soldiers, but also custom crates.

I have forgotten what it is called, but it is really handy.

that would be ideal but i have been through the addons depot for about half an hour now and can`t find it perhaps its been removed ?
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2005, 20:59:37 by mrgreaper »

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #5 on: 14 Mar 2005, 21:02:53 »

mrgreaper

« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2005, 21:08:24 »