Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BUILDINGS??  (Read 1653 times)

NinjaMan

BUILDINGS??
« on: 23 Jan 2005, 19:18:17 »
I wasjust wondering if it is possible to place buildings and structures in order to make an urban area like an inner city in the OFP in_game mission editor

GI-YO

Re:BUILDINGS??
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2005, 19:38:05 »
I dont think this is possible, but dont quote me on that! And on a side note OFP ai doesn't like built up areas, and they can shot through walls and loadsa other stupid things.

GI-YO

NinjaMan

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2005, 19:43:25 »
that would really suck if it doesnt work.  Ya i realized the AI hates it but what i was thinking was having an M2A2 (or some other armored unit) patrol through the city shooting up bad guys and buildings, etc... cuz i know u can just order them into a column formation and they'll follow along if the roads are wide enough.

bored_onion

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2005, 19:51:17 »
well there is an addon with all the game's buildings in it which you can obtain from the addons depot called

General Barron's Editor Upgrade 102

its kinda well known so it shouldnt be hard to find

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2005, 20:18:50 »
Look here, the second to bottom option

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?category=1_2&start=25

I think thats what you want  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

dan ick

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2005, 20:59:41 »
YOU could just download an unofficial island with a big city on it.There are plenty of good ones ;D

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jan 2005, 23:31:08 »
or you could make the city however you want with the editor addon.
its up to the editor

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2005, 02:04:32 »
I would HIGHLY suggest Girt's Resistance object patch 1.30 which can be found here on OFPEC, just do a search for resistance objects in the editors depot.

This addon lets you place all the resistance houses in the game, and the best thing is, no else needs this addon to play your missions because it uses the same paths as the game.

In my opinion this is MUCH better then the Editor Update which was made very poorly, and other people need that addon as well.
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jan 2005, 06:25:40 »
Sorry for going slightly off topic here....

In my opinion this is MUCH better then the Editor Update which was made very poorly

Trust me, I am NOT being offended by this comment. "My" EU is the same as Kegetys, only organized, and I do agree that Keg's could have been better configured. However, I'd like to know what specifically you think was poorly done in that EU. I ask because I'm making a new version, so I wanna know what should be improved.

But I do agree with RujiK; you should use Girt's object patch if you can get away with it. However, there are many objects (CWC objects mainly) that aren't available with that patch, so sometimes you need an EU.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #9 on: 24 Jan 2005, 11:27:26 »
The original EUs were not perfect it is true.    General Barron's is much better.     If you've never tried it, you should.  ;)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play