Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Waypoint Text  (Read 956 times)

24Gamer

Waypoint Text
« on: 22 Jan 2005, 18:05:11 »
Hi,
 I have set waypoints that require certain events before they are activated, such as a tank that needs to be destroyed but will only change to the next waypoint once the whole convoy is destroyed.

Once the tank is destroyed the waypoint then says "Waiting for others" until the event has been fufilled and moves on to the next waypoint, this is somewhat glitchy with my scripts.

So i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to change or prevent the waypoint text/name from changing?

Thanks
24Gamer
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2005, 18:06:30 by 24Gamer »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Waypoint Text
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2005, 18:22:29 »
No.    That is the default text when a waypoint is incomplete because it is waiting for a trigger to fire.

There are two ways round it:   insert some extra waypoints, so that you can have the text you want.     Much better is just to forget the whole thing and play in Veteran mode.    ;)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2005, 03:10:37 »
im pretty sure I've changed it. Can't remember how though, one of the fields in the waypoint.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2005, 01:04:52 »
You can change the text for a waypoint, that's easy.    It shows up when the waypoint becomes active.   However, the default text appears once you have done your bit but the waypoint cannot complete because it is synched to a trigger which has not fired, or a waypoint of another group which is not complete.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

24Gamer

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2005, 05:19:40 »
hmm  :-\