Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Calling in heli support - help!  (Read 677 times)

tabuk

Calling in heli support - help!
« on: 19 Jan 2005, 09:32:55 »
How do you radio in choppers to give you support? Ive done some looking around in your faq and tute sections an havent found much except that it has somthing to do with waypoints and triggers working together. If anyone knows how to do this or knows of any good tutes on the subject Id be very grateful. In the meantime, the search goes on!

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:Calling in heli support - help!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2005, 10:42:42 »
There are hundreds of ways to do that. This is one way to get started:

Put a chopper on the map. Give it a Get Out waypoint (the pilots and any crew jumps out). Then give the chopper Get In waypoint and synchronize it with a switch-trigger. Then give it a waypoint where you want the chopper to go for support (search and destroy, guard, or whatever)

Make the trigger fire using the radio alpha command (0-0-1). When the teamleader uses his radio, the pilots and crew will board the chopper and go to the predetermined destination on the map.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

tabuk

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2005, 11:33:30 »
Excelent, Ill give it a try, thanks.

Edit: Ok, Im lost on the trigger part. I link the trigger with the "get in" waypoint set the trigger to switch but my guy has no radio, and upon getting out, the helo crew gets back in without any command and proceeds to the seek and destroy waypoint. How do I get me (leader :D) to have a radio and have its command be acknowledged by the helo?
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2005, 11:50:47 by tabuk »

tabuk

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2005, 11:55:41 »
Edit 2: Btw, when Im placing the units on the map I have the helo seperate from my group (not part of the squad.) I want it to be like that one mission in cwc where your group pulls off a joint strike with another squad and 2 helos against a town of infantry, armour and shilkas.

Edit 3: Sorry about the double post  :( Thought I pressed modify.

Edit of all edits: Sorry about the flaming (if it hasnt killed the thread already) but Ive figured out the radio but I cant get the helo to wait for the command. It just proceeds to the next waypoint. should I be putting somthing in the "on activation" field or somthing like that. Thanks to anyone who replys  :)
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2005, 12:30:41 by tabuk »

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2005, 14:07:17 »
Try to make one extra wp between Get In and Get Out, like this:

1 Get Out (leave all fields empty)
2 Move (in the Activation field you write chopperStart)
3 Get In (all fields empty
4 Move, or guard, or search and destroy or whatever

Now, make a trigger, of type radio alpha. In the "Text" box of the trigger you write Call Helo. Then make the rest of the trigger:

Condition: this
Activation: chopperStart=true

Now your team leader should have the option Call Helo, in his radio options. Yopu can either access it by pressing 0-0-1 or by hitting "M" on your keyboard and use the radio from your mission plan/map-page.

OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

dan ick

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jan 2005, 16:41:02 »
Heres another way of doing it

Place an empty chopper,then 2 pilots,give the pilots a waypoint to get in the chopper and in the ACTIVATION put   WP1==1.Then put the rest of the waypoints where you want him to go when you radio him.Then make a trigger ACTIVATION by whatever side you are,Choose which RADIO CALL ie. Radio alpha etc....I think its ACTIVATED BY,for the radio options (DONT HOLD ME TO THAT) but you will easily find it.SO in the ON ACTIVATION field of the trigger put WP1=1 (Note that there is only one = this time).
PREVIEW your mision and its [0,0,1] for your radio and it should hopefully work.If it does not GET BACK to me (so i will never make myself sound like a NOOBULATOR again)  
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2005, 16:42:14 by dan ick »

Francky

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2005, 20:12:57 »
some other ideas

helo setfuel 0 (put your helo far enough in order to wait for him
on the radio call : helo setfuel 1, [helo] join myself

BAS choppers have their own script for the airsupport
 ;)

Silencer

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jan 2005, 20:18:19 »
Hi,

Use my script to call in a chopper with reinforcements  ;D

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/list.php?show=pending

This is a script made by me (Silencer) and Swaty. You can simply get air or ground reinforcements. The infantry will get in a chopper or ground vehicle, it will be mounted by a driver, then they move to point you set. The group will disembark and move to a point you set. The driver will bring the vehicle back to base!

It is great that you don't have to set waypoints. All you have to do is make a few gamelogics and name them.

tabuk

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jan 2005, 22:30:11 »
I love how ofp is so flexible, cant wait for ofp2. Thanks guys.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2005, 22:54:48 »
If you grab the Tutorial Mission from the Editors Depot it has a working example of calling for chopper support.      And for the avoidance of doubt, yes, it is waypoints and triggers working together.     And yes, there are about 97 ways of doing it.  
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

dan ick

« Reply #10 on: 19 Jan 2005, 23:52:22 »
SORRY i got mixed up

In the HELI'S first waypoints CONDITION put WP1==1

THEN the triggers ACTIVATION ,RADIO ALPHA etc....
and in the triggers ON ACTIVATION put WP1=1

SORRY FOR THE MIX UP
                                       ;D 8) ;D

dabitup

« Reply #11 on: 20 Jan 2005, 04:19:37 »
If you grab the Tutorial Mission from the Editors Depot it has a working example of calling for chopper support.      And for the avoidance of doubt, yes, it is waypoints and triggers working together.     And yes, there are about 97 ways of doing it.  

where is this?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #12 on: 20 Jan 2005, 13:50:26 »
Editors Depot - Tutorials - Getting started.      

You (indeed everybody is) are strongly recommended to become familiar with all of the tutes in that section.     They were specifically chosen (by snYpir and me) to provide a comprehensive introduction to mission editing, and cover virtually everything you need to know to make a decent, basic mission.  
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play