Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Suppress enemy positions on map  (Read 405 times)

Rocko Bonaparte

Suppress enemy positions on map
« on: 15 Jan 2005, 07:46:55 »
I want to allow the map for my units, but I want them to figure out where they are on their own.  The trick is that when enemies arrive and are known, the end up getting marked on the map.  The player could then look at the map and determine easily where they are located.  Is there a way to turn that off?

Offline TonyRanger

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Suppress enemy positions on map
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2005, 08:48:43 »
so far as I know there is a command like "setmarkerpos"may help you,you can make a trigger like"east detected by west"than  markername setmarkerpos getpos this list select 0

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2005, 09:00:58 »
I don't know how to turn off enemies being shown on the map, but I presume you know that veteran mode turns of the feature that shows the location of friendlies.

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2005, 15:28:27 »
Well I think its an option like Thobson said. Its in the difficulty options: extended map info.

Rocko Bonaparte

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2005, 11:06:35 »
I know that in veteran difficulty, the friendly position cannot be seen.  This is what I intend, and it allows people to try it on novice with extra help.  What I'm not so sure about is marking of enemies on the map.  I'll have to see if that can just be shut off...