Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Own Sound  (Read 1115 times)

US-Marine

Own Sound
« on: 15 Jan 2005, 12:13:20 »
Hy, i want to do my own sound pack with wss files , but when i convert my wav to wss files most (44.000 16bit mono) they aren't there , or they are longer as they should be ???

anyone know what the problem is ??? :-\

US-Marine

Re:Own Sound
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jan 2005, 20:55:29 »
seems nobody can help there  :'( :-\ :-\

US-Marine

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2005, 21:41:31 »
well i see nobody can help :-\
~can be closed~  :'( :-\ :'(
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2005, 21:42:44 by US-Marine »

Serial Killer

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2005, 21:07:42 »
You can't use wss. files in OFP, I think.. You have to make them to ogg. then it works!

You must create a file named "sound" and put those voices in there. After that, make a description.ext file, where those voices are writed. Somebody can explain how to make description.ext, because I have to go to sleep and it's too hard to explain..
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2005, 21:10:15 by Serial Killer »

US-Marine

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2005, 21:50:59 »
Well but why other Soundpacks have wss files?

and i think i need a config file for the soundpack or?

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2005, 22:00:49 »
Yes you can use wss files.  

I think the reason nobody has answered is that there really is not much to go on in your question about what exactly the problem is.

US-Marine

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2005, 22:18:14 »
I have the problem , that my wss files are longe as they should be
example (file should be 40kb and have 230kb)

Or they all have 30kb and didn't work

Offline ACF

• Members
  • Llama?? Ain't that French for tanks?
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2005, 17:38:06 »
OFP supports wav, wss & ogg - enough for most purposes.

However, it doesn't play the files directly, each one has to be configured (in description.ext) as a sound object.  The script then calls the object, not the file.  As if that wasn't enough, the sound can be configured in different ways e.g. as sound, music or radio, each with its own peculiarities.

OFP is also a little sensitive about the formats of sound files.  You may also have a problem with your sound conversion software - getting compressed files longer than your raw files seems a little odd.

You do need to go to the Editor's Depot and get Bloodmixer's Sound Tutorial which is how most of us started.

Regarding the 'soundpacks' - some may contain wss files because they are meant to be direct replacements for the original BIS wss files that came with the game.  If you just replace an original with a new one of the same name you wopuldn't need to configure it because it's already built-in.  Just a guess though . . .

US-Marine

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jan 2005, 20:44:15 »
i only replace some files
and use wssdec and wsscod