Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do i make grass??  (Read 1494 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

How do i make grass??
« on: 01 Oct 2002, 09:40:11 »
Hi there guyz.  Today, I want to learn how to make a grass addon in o2.  I was inspired after seeing many Delta Force:Blackhawk Down terrains and also ghost recon.  I wanted to some how add those low knee height grasses that will camoflauge you when ducking down.  So I made it and I adjusted the texture qualities so it will not lag (I finally did it... heheh.)  But I have a problem,,, since I used the krovi_long.p3d model which was one of the original .p3d bush model from the game and since it was originally made so that the bush will reach the head and hide your endtire body even in a kneeling position or standing position, when the AI is standing,,  they can't detect me even though they have a clear view of myself from the knee and top.

So what I want to do is to simply lower the height of the model to maybe... lets see,,, aww 30 cm.. so that it will cover you and hide you in prone position but will make your visible when kneeling or standing.  

I have few pictures of my grass.  Oh ya, with my afghan map,,, I had a not good hard drive failure and (Damn IBM.....) a virus sort of program that continuously tortured me to a point of losing every file in my computer (third time,,,,) I had to get a little older version of the map and I'm doing it all over from that older version.  So it is going to take a hell longer time.  Sorry.  I feel most sad... I have to do it all over... :'(

Well that was like 2, or 3 month ago and I already recovered everything and I'm actually finish with more than what I lost.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

Re:How do i make grass??
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2002, 09:44:53 »
darn!!! File size limitation 50KB?? hmm,,, I mean,, that is too small... I can't post any jpg formats.. Well,,, I can't show you guyz the amazing picture... now, snipers are trully camoflauged,, also the guillie suit addon that spider made.. it looks totally awesome now.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2002, 19:00:40 »
Hey there guyz,,, so,,, any help?? I'm still new to this Oxygen thingy.  Do I put the folder with the textures and the .p3d file in the same foldier where the bulldozer is installed?  

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2002, 04:51:28 »
ok just make a directory under the same drive that you have bulldozer installed in say you have bulldozer in d:\ just make a directory like d:\grass or whatever you want your addon called
and put your textures in it.

Eviscerator

« Reply #4 on: 04 Oct 2002, 09:39:32 »
actually putting them in the o2_viewer folder is best, as this works just like an ofp addons folder but using folders instead of pbo's, so when you depbo an addon just move that folder to o2_viewer, and youll see all the textures on it

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #5 on: 04 Oct 2002, 12:14:22 »
Thanks!! Thanks guyz!! I finally got the textures to load!! But when I use the buldozer, it tells me that I'm missing somekind of .p3d file and it is night time and my crate looks like a solid rectangular black box.  how do I make it into morning so it will make me easier to see? Thanks.

Thanks eviscerator and Trinec.  It was a true great help.  Though it was such a easy thing to do,,, many people didn't even bother to help me... well.

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 04 Oct 2002, 15:58:10 »
goto into options in O2 and in the external viewer section make sure you have the following

-noland -dx -windows

after the buldozer.exe

The BIS O2 website (not forum) has the full installation instructions.

SelectThis