Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: specific damage area on vehicle  (Read 1546 times)

Cataclyzm

specific damage area on vehicle
« on: 08 Jan 2005, 20:41:51 »
Is it possible to have a weapon target a certain area for damage.  like just the electrical system only?  I would like to simulate an EMP.  That would disable a vehicle for a short amount of time or until repaired.
My main thing is that I want to disable the vehicle and not damage the occupants.  
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2005, 20:56:23 by Cataclyzm »

Cataclyzm

Re:specific damage area on vehicle
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2005, 23:18:37 »
As a after thought to this .. is it possible to have a model and light appear at the impact area?

like the explosion seen when heat or a sabot impacts from a tank.

« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2005, 23:23:43 by Cataclyzm »

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2005, 02:18:25 »
As a after thought to this .. is it possible to have a model and light appear at the impact area?

like the explosion seen when heat or a sabot impacts from a tank.

what do you mean exactly?  
it is possible to let all sort of things appear and disapear by using the 'drop'-command.  the problem is to calculate the position of parts that are not the same model as the tank over a longer period of time.  therefore it is not possible to build tanks with multiple turrets (or at least with a LOT LOT LOT of scripting which isn't released yet -> RHS video )

if you mean things like prominent metal parts after an rpg-impact, etc: you can let something appear that is part of the tank model by using hidden selections. but atm i can't think of any way to detect where your tank was hit  and therefore which hidden selection has to be made visible.

but i also might be completely wrong  
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Cataclyzm

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2005, 22:15:12 »
I mean like a custom blast from the weapons impact ... for an example with an emp weapon you wouldn't see a fire blast you would see an electrical emittion of sorts .. like a static field.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2005, 20:45:04 »
hmm, that's probably possible. but this is a scripting issue.
make a bell-shaped object plus some smaller ones, make an electric flashes texture and apply it to the model and then let these objects quickly appear and disappear by the 'drop'-command when a tank is hidden. which leads me to the prerequisite: you have to detect when a tank is hit by your emp-ammo.   there's certainly a way by using eventhandlers.  unfortunately i'm no expert on this....   i'd like to help you but i don't want to tell you something wrong, so better search for the syntax, forum entries etc. of  the 'hit'-eventhandler.  
but i'll also have a look. ;)
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Cataclyzm

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2005, 08:37:24 »
Ok, I am just wanting to know .. is it possible to make a vehicle inmobile without any visible damage and without harming the driver or passengers?   besides setting the fuel to zero?
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2005, 08:38:17 by Cataclyzm »

Dingmatt

« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2005, 14:49:49 »
No, but i have made a fully working emp script using no triggers if your intrested?

Dingmatt