Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Quick way to animate.  (Read 1107 times)

Jenkins

Quick way to animate.
« on: 29 Dec 2004, 12:42:36 »
I've been trying to get the hang of OFPAnim. Is there a quick way to just copy an animation and paste it? Ot rather the poistion of the Proxies so I don't have to move them for every frame? Thanks.

Lean Bear

Re:Quick way to animate.
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2004, 19:40:45 »
Not as such.

You can cut and copy frames of anims into other anims. (But this usually results in jerky and bad-looking addons.

You can open any .rtm anim (eg. BIS ones (after de-PBOing them of course)) and use that in OFPAnim to "cut and paste".

As far as I know you can't really just copy the proxies, but then again I've never tried :D

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2004, 00:31:37 »
You can cut and copy frames of anims into other anims.

Do you mean I can open up one anim, cut a frame from it, and then paste it into an entirely different animation that I open up? How do you do that?

I thought you could only copy/paste frames within the animation you have open...
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Lean Bear

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2004, 13:32:19 »
Unfotunately, its not that simple.

To "Cut and Paste": there is only one crude method that actually works. (I never use it anymore though). btw this is for cutting and pasting from one anim to the next - you can already (as General Barron said) cut and paste in your own anim by using the "Frame Browser" Default key: F10

1. First, open up the anim you want to cut frames from. Open the Frame Broswer (F10)

2. Then select all the frames that you don't want to cut and delete them.

3. "Save Anim As" another name (so you don't alter the original - don't worry, this anim will only be temporary).

4. Now, you can either work around the frames you now have by inserting frames before and after the cut frames or you can procede to Step 5.

5. Here's where it gets messy (mainly cuase I don't really remeber what to do.

6. There's some sort of trick you can do with two OFPAnims open at the same time. You can move the the two anims to the same one and save it.