Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Simply amazing new addon  (Read 7474 times)

Eviscerator

Simply amazing new addon
« on: 30 Sep 2002, 08:02:02 »
i thought id clue everyone in here about a new addon coming from a guy called jafergon, its simply amazing:

"IÂ've almost finished my first Flashpoint addon. ItÂ's an an amphibious operations ship (Dock Landing Ship). ItÂ's based real ships like Whidbey Island class and Galicia/Rotterdam. You can walk around all 7 decks and up to two helicopters can land on the deck. You can also launch amphibious craft and vehicles from her dock (as you can see in the screenshots).

It will be abailable in two versions: static object and a fully operational ship. Helicopters can land on both versions, but only the static object version can be used with amphibious vehicles due to some problems with the OFP engine.

IÂ'm currently working on a rotating radar antenna and finishing up some details.

More screenshots tomorrow...

Jafegon"

release is hopefully next weekend

Ferret Fangs

Re:Simply amazing new addon
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2002, 08:22:36 »
I've got the honor of being the first here to say, ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AMAZING!!!
You are a total genious, and have completly blown any and all standards yet set, totally out of the water!
BRAVO ZULU

Eviscerator

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2002, 09:19:46 »
ok i better say this quick even though i said it in the post already....this addon has absolutely nothing at all to do with me :) i just saw it on the official forums and thought maybe people that visit here but not there would like to see it, and im sure the author wouldnt mind the extra praise :)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2002, 09:50:06 »
Now this, is an addon. Go Jafegon!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

asmodeus

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2002, 09:50:51 »
WOW!   :o

Thanks for sharing!  That is freaking awesome!!  I've been wishing for something like this and here it is!   ;D

:D

Bremmer

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2002, 11:20:55 »
~ spills coffee all down his tie in shock ~

WOW  :o

Skaven

« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2002, 11:47:39 »
Your showing us one of the best addons ever, take a close look at the details that boat as, not only the model is absolutely amazing as the textures are incredable, texturing that baby must have been one of the hardest work ever, I'm tottaly amazed with this one, thanks for showing Jafergon's work to us Evis  ;)

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2002, 11:48:34 »

Does USA or Russia for that sake, use these little boats?

Viriato

« Reply #8 on: 30 Sep 2002, 12:16:47 »
I think that USA has a similar ship called "LSD Withbey island", but the Jafaergon ship is identical to the Dutch/Spanish Rotterdamm/Galicia class.
This ship could operate up to 6 helis and carries a good pack of vehicles (mainly AAV7) that can be launched from a dock under the landing platform, usually has some kind of gun, in the case of the rotterdam and withbey a Phalanx, on the Galicia a Meroka.(usualyy high-velocity 30mm guns)
You have a good description of this impressive ship here
http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/rotterdam/index.html

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #9 on: 30 Sep 2002, 17:42:36 »
The Whidbey Island/Harpers Ferry Class LSD (Landing Ship, Dock) can be seen here: http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/harpers/index.html

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #10 on: 30 Sep 2002, 21:29:07 »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
 :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I've just got back from surgery to have my jaw replaced!!!!! ;)

I can't wait to get hold of this beauty! :joystick:

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 30 Sep 2002, 21:57:21 »
Very impressive

Britain use this type of ship as a amphibious assult ship, used in the falklands war, the argies claimed they sank one HMS FEARLESS but it wasnt even hit :D

cant wait to go sailing in that beauty, just one concearn anyone know the poly count on it?

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 30 Sep 2002, 22:20:27 »
As good as this looks, I don't care how many polys it is ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2002, 23:09:15 »
just found out its 6500 polys  :-\

Ken

« Reply #14 on: 01 Oct 2002, 00:46:39 »
 :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:  AWSOME, i can't wait for it , model looks excellent