Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: wouldn't it be cool if....  (Read 1404 times)

BronzeEagle

wouldn't it be cool if....
« on: 17 Dec 2004, 15:30:27 »
It'd be cool if alot of us got together and recorded like twelve different people saying some general stuff that soldiers might say during battle so that mission editors could use it when they edit their missions to have the soldiers programmed to say that when that circumstance occurs.  It'd be easy from the editors standpoint, the hard part would be getting the actors.  It'd make the missions much fancier, and add more authenticity and realism to the missions if the soldiers actually spoke out stuff like "incoming tank sir!"  "We got em" stuff like that.  

Stinky Nut Rappa

Re:wouldn't it be cool if....
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2004, 16:48:15 »
that's a great idea. especially seeing as though this is a global forum. we could have australians, canadians, english (yey me) and maybe even scottish and welsh people who us english people find funny. would anti-communist abuse be allowed?

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2004, 19:23:49 »
We could have a pack for each country.  This way if you're using SAS or British troops they'd have thier own voice pack n stuff.  It'd be pretty standard, but at least six voice actors per country is tough.  I'm going to do it though.  By the way pal above me, freedom of speach is what we believe here in America.  It would however, be stupid to have your actors say stuff like commie when there's terrorist addons out too.

Edit:  Okay I put the project name up in the recruitment depot.  I'm in charge of it, its the easy soldier chatter project.    
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2004, 19:24:53 by BronzeEagle »

Coldfire

« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2004, 20:57:49 »
if you need a canadian voice-actor im sure i can get a mike and pitch in  :)
Plus, I can do a pretty good imitation of either Austrailian or British accents.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2004, 20:58:33 by Coldfire »

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2004, 22:50:21 »
imitation?
i think there are enough people that come to this site that someone has to have the real accent  ;D

i've got a mic, but i'm 15, and my voice tends to sound higher on recordings, so i don't think i would be of any use to this, although many times you have very young people in the military, be it US, British, Africa,Russia, etc

BronzeEagle

« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2004, 02:01:39 »
trigger send me a sample to peanuckle_00@yahoo.com, and I'll see for myself.  

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2004, 05:28:21 »
uh, ok. not sure how interested i actually am in making this... but whatever

Stinky Nut Rappa

« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2004, 19:06:44 »
why doesn't everyone post a voice sample then the ofpec people could make it into one big (well not too big, i only have a 56k) download. that is if they don't mind.
gangsta!

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2004, 06:53:02 »
maby if u got enough people (like 30) you could do a mass charge sound, like in a banzai charge or somthing, where sombody gets a sound recorder and goes to there work and gets everybody at work to crowd into one office and all in unison give there fiercest battle cry as loud as they can and record it. that would be neat. I would do it in my math class but it might upset my teacher.