Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: changing sides to pre-existing vehicles and units  (Read 1239 times)

Mr.Pibb

changing sides to pre-existing vehicles and units
« on: 10 Dec 2004, 06:27:29 »
Hello

Already searched around for the answer, but couldnt find it, so I thought I'd ask. :)

I am wanting to basically take a good few west and res vehicles and units that are used in ofp and do one thing to em, change their sides to east. Its kinda important to my mission being that rating reductions cant happen for destroying vehicles in my mp mission.

If I have to just copy whatever file they are in, change their sides and then make em addons thats fine, I just need to know where to find em, what to change and then what to do to finish them as new addons. I got the pbo stuff, so if u guys could lend me a lil info would be really great. Also, my mission uses kegSnow vehicles, so I dont know but can I just access those addons and change their sides?

« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2004, 06:34:01 by Mr.Pibb »

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
Re:changing sides to pre-existing vehicles and units
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2004, 16:35:50 »
the vehicle configs are all packed into one big config file, so it would be better to make a whole new one, and its pretty easy :) well to me atleast ;D

Mr.Pibb

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2004, 00:15:23 »
 hmmm, can I just copy and paste from the original config, and most importantly what do I need to change to make sides different, I do mostly missions, not addons so Im not real on key here. :)

thanks

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2004, 05:31:27 »
you need to change this part of code, if it is not there than add it
Code: [Select]
side=1;

here are the number values
Code: [Select]
TEast 0
West 1
Guerrila 2
Civilian 3

Mr.Pibb

« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2004, 17:30:04 »
Most excellent!

Thanks oyman, been waitin for that info, I figured it was within those values, but didnt know exactly what to input, now I got a longer to do list! lol

Thanks

Pibb