Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: EH-60A Quick Fix II  (Read 1304 times)

Echo5Hotel

EH-60A Quick Fix II
« on: 15 Dec 2004, 23:52:50 »
I think it would be totally cool if someone could do one of these in the game.  They can locate a target using a radio DF antenna on the tail boom and jam radio using a special antenna that was lowered from under the tail boom.  More importantly, if one were to go down it would be a paramount mission to recover or destroy the electronics and crew within.  

I know it's a pretty narrow scope for an addon but if it could be made functional to display enemy units on the map that it has anywhere in the area it would be a great intel asset in thegame.  Even cooler if a player could direct t to fly specific tracks on the map to look for targets to mark on the map.

Oh well, just a thought.  If I had more knowledge on creating addons I would probably try to conquer this but I am just starting to get good in mission editing and don't have the time to tackle addon making right now.  I used to work with these birds and it just came to mind when I wasworking on my latest mission.

What would really be cool is be able to create an electronic warfare pack with West and East EW assetts that would be functional in the game.  Interceptors and direction finders, jammers etc.

That would probably be a fairly difficult addon to create.  Like I said, just an idea.

Here is some info on the quickfix II if anyone is interested.

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/quickfix.htm
« Last Edit: 15 Dec 2004, 23:55:28 by Echo5Hotel »

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Re:EH-60A Quick Fix II
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2004, 07:04:13 »

if one were to go down it would be a paramount mission to recover or destroy the electronics and crew within.

kill the crew, just to keep them from telling stuff to the enemy.

y not have them go on a mission to SAVE the crew of a downed EH-60A Quick Fix II, y just go on an entire mission and just kill your fellow countrymen once u got there.

also: a little pointless, because it looks the same as a BAS blackhawk

Echo5Hotel

Re:EH-60A Quick Fix II
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2004, 14:59:16 »
kill the crew, just to keep them from telling stuff to the enemy.

y not have them go on a mission to SAVE the crew of a downed EH-60A Quick Fix II, y just go on an entire mission and just kill your fellow countrymen once u got there.

You could go either way.  Depends on the situation.  When I was in Korea, doingwhat I did in the Army, our MP guards had standing ordersthat if we were to get over-run at any point that their job was to cap us before we could be captured.  Kind of puts a strain on a friendship if one is the M.I. guy and the other one of the M.P.s  But I actually did mean rescuing the crew and destroying the electronics.  After looking at it again, I guess it just didn't come out that way.

also: a little pointless, because it looks the same as a BAS blackhawk

Yes and no.  The interior is MUCH different and the outside has several different types on antenna that are not very noticable in the pics.  If you've ever been near one though you woud see the major differences.  I am currently using a normal BAS Blackhawk to represent my downed quick fix.  The other part of what I mentioned was have it being a functional quick fix, placing enemy targets on te map and trackig them for friendly units in the area.