Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MH-6J Little Bird.  (Read 7856 times)

Frosty

Re:MH-6J Little Bird.
« Reply #15 on: 03 Oct 2002, 13:06:13 »
Wow, it looks good. It looks sorta like that Mh6v2 heli ive already got though :P Do you think you will release the OH6 + Ah6 versions as well?

Drakkhen

« Reply #16 on: 04 Oct 2002, 00:43:43 »
Hmmm... I prefer finish this first try to see most of what needs to be done on a PBO, then make something clean and realistic. Once this done, I'll do european crafts and vehicles.

Americans already have too much stuff in this game.
(AH-1, AH-64, CH-47, UH-60, OH-58 and 50% of mods when russians get V-80, Mi-24, Mi-8 and 30% of mods... the remaining 20% being shared by rebels or foreign US friendlies).

If someone then wonders why I did ONE MORE american chopper, I'll answer it's the first I randomly found in my books.  ;D

Now, I find more fun to fight the best armed ones :P in this game (mostly US and sometime Soviets) rather than poorly armed rebels :-\. So I'll look forward for rebels and their friendlies... except if BIS allow creating a lot more sides (with some kinda table to select dynamicrelations -friendly, neutral, hostile-) this would be amazing! 8)

I keep having this white flicking effect with blades in internal view only...

And I found some informations about instruments in a LittleBird confirming that most of dashboards I found are not real ones configuration. Looking fwd.

p.s. I continue to regularly (~every 2 days) update the Lb.zip file... check sometimes.

Drakkhen      

mattmayhem

« Reply #17 on: 06 Oct 2002, 05:26:49 »
Dude !! This is a great model, please lets us know when you fixed that big grey square that shows on the rotor blades at a distance, great model!

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #18 on: 06 Oct 2002, 23:30:46 »
Capt. Moore's Little Birds Don't have any Shadow for the Roter Blades once it get's goin' you could try Removing the Shadow all together

Drakkhen

« Reply #19 on: 06 Oct 2002, 23:46:31 »
 :)
Capt. Moore's Little Birds Don't have any Shadow for the Roter Blades once it get's goin' you could try Removing the Shadow all together

Dear PunkerSXDX, Cpt Moore is free to let his rotor blades without shadows.  To me, it's important to have them and for the moment, the shadow is a deformed shadow of another model I don't like, that's why I'm currently working on LODs and shadow LOD is just part of what I do. ;D

It's beginning to be hard figuring out what has to be deleted but there's still too many faces :-\. As I said before, just check sometime as I refresh the ZIP often enough.

I do care about visual quality of the chopper even if I would prefer having more faces but...  :Pwe all have to deal with hard/software limits.

I'll update ZIP tonight at 02:00am(01:00am GMT) 8).

...over...
Drakkhen        

Drakkhen

« Reply #20 on: 07 Oct 2002, 03:17:49 »
Corrected as you requested mattmayhem  the shape and rotor of lower LOD. ;)

The file is updated.
http://perso.club-internet.fr/drakkhen/download/Lb.zip

Cockpit instruments (mostly altimeter) will be improved later. :P

Had a problem with model for FireModel... maybe a disclosed volume ???. I'll check it later.

p.s.have more LODs ready but no time to implement yet.

C ya l8tr
Drakkhen      

mattmayhem

« Reply #21 on: 07 Oct 2002, 04:58:12 »
Damn dude, its looking really really good now ! , im glad you included the fast rope mount, it sure adds to the model, once you figure out how to stop the textures from changing at a distance this will be Excellent!!!  :o Very sweet looking and the details are amazing !

Drakkhen

« Reply #22 on: 08 Oct 2002, 01:06:44 »
Hi,

so... still at the very same place ;D:
http://perso.club-internet.fr/drakkhen/download/Lb.zip
 a new version with:
- One more LOD
- LOD distances adjusted (might be readjusted later)
- Masses assigned
- Fire model done (can shoot troopers and pilot) ;D
- Corrected textures
- Suppressed redundant P3D in the PBO (smaller file)

I still need feedback 'bout what needs to be corrected.
Since my comp' is a 2.1GHz/GeForce4... I always see the choppers in full detail (even when looking a gorilla formation -more than 8 crafts- fly by). I played with detail but feedback will be better.

I continue working on dash now (a friend works on sounds).

Good flight dudes!!! 8)
Drakkhen        

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #23 on: 08 Oct 2002, 01:20:31 »
I like your Attitude, Right On  :D

Duff

« Reply #24 on: 08 Oct 2002, 04:19:27 »
double check your center of gravity on the model. it doesn't seem to be under the main rotor. it seems that is a few virtual feet behind where it should be. this is just a humble opinion/observation ;)

mattmayhem

« Reply #25 on: 08 Oct 2002, 05:03:15 »
Its very sweet now, the only thing that happens sometimes at a distance is the copit seems to glaze over, this happens sometimes but not always and as soon as i zoom in it returns to normal even when i zoom out. Im glad your keeping with this addon untill its totally perfected ! hehe to  test this i made some fast insertion simulations and everyone on boadr definetly can be shot ! hehe.

Drakkhen

« Reply #26 on: 08 Oct 2002, 05:51:38 »
Ok... I'll look for all these.

Check it now (again) updated with a realistic  looking gyro.
http://perso.club-internet.fr/drakkhen/Images/1stPerson/OFP/LittlBrd_3.jpg

Took long but the texture makes it.
The funny part is it takes less faces!!!  ;D
(thus the file is bigger because of textures added)

Be well!!! ::)
Drakkhen    
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2002, 05:55:30 by Drakkhen »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #27 on: 09 Oct 2002, 01:53:28 »
Right On!  :D

CODY2622

« Reply #28 on: 09 Oct 2002, 04:28:01 »
hey man, this thing keeps on messing up. I go to it and select it I have all the requirements and it takes me to the desktop when I select it in the editor. can you please help me.

Duff

« Reply #29 on: 09 Oct 2002, 09:58:02 »
what version of flashpoint are you using?
have you tried deleting the pbo file and redownloading and reinstalling? perhaps the file was corrupted in the DL process.
how fast is your CPU?
what's your Vid card?
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2002, 10:01:45 by Duff »