Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MH-6J Little Bird.  (Read 7858 times)

Drakkhen

MH-6J Little Bird.
« on: 28 Sep 2002, 22:08:45 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

nolips71

Re:MH-6J Little Bird.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2002, 22:31:56 »
nice ;)

Bosniarat

« Reply #2 on: 29 Sep 2002, 00:39:45 »
Nice is an Understatement, i believe that HOLY ***** thats AWSOME is more like it  ;D But everything that i have seen from Ballistic or TJP has always had great developers behind the skins or the Birds. Keep up the Great Work!

Drakkhen

« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2002, 02:06:25 »
I am actually not Ballistic member... yet. ;)

Bosniarat

« Reply #4 on: 29 Sep 2002, 03:16:19 »
Well Its a great model and I look forward to Flying it

Bomberman

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2002, 01:39:52 »
Nice is an Understatement, i believe that HOLY ***** thats AWSOME is more like it  ;D But everything that i have seen from Ballistic or TJP has always had great developers behind the skins or the Birds. Keep up the Great Work!

Amen brother :-*

Drakkhen

MH-6J Little Bird (downloadable test v.)
« Reply #6 on: 30 Sep 2002, 23:07:35 »
For those who can't wait and wish to give advices... they'll be welcome. :)

http://perso.club-internet.fr/drakkhen/download/Lb.zip

THUS since this is an "in progress" vehicle, I consider it doesn't have to be in the mod section... yet. ::)

P.S. Some faces and map coords were lost in the 3DS->P3D process... working on it. I still didn't figure out how to make the shadow work and have to do again the alpha face sorting to see the blured blades from inside the cockpit (which also need to be done). :P

Any help will be welcome, I've seen many dashboard pics but none were real MH-6J version boards... hard to find. :-\
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2002, 00:55:35 by Drakkhen »

Duff

« Reply #7 on: 01 Oct 2002, 09:28:03 »

« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2002, 09:33:33 by Duff »

Eviscerator

« Reply #8 on: 01 Oct 2002, 09:45:41 »
is this the same littlebird as the ballistics one? i know you mentioned tigershark but this doesnt look like the one i have....

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 01 Oct 2002, 12:00:30 »
Heya,

That model looks familiar :) I was sent me a earlier version of it to use as the basis of the Ballistic Littlebirds (hopefully with your permission!). As I tend to do, I changed it alot from the original so the models will look a bit different. I'll make sure you get a mention in the credits ;)

If you are still having problems with the shadows etc, just send me a message and i'll give you a hand.

Nice work.

SelectThis
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2002, 12:03:24 by SelectThis »

Drakkhen

« Reply #10 on: 01 Oct 2002, 15:23:16 »
Thanx SelectThis...

I'll keep in touch since I still have questions, yes.

Thanx for advice.
Drakkhen          

Drakkhen

MH-6J Little Bird (update)
« Reply #11 on: 03 Oct 2002, 02:29:21 »
Hi,

still on http://perso.club-internet.fr/drakkhen/download/Lb.zip you'll find the latest LittleBird. Corrected skis, some structure problems and this spotlight texture that was keeping visible.

It's fully playable now but some strange effect appears from inside cockpit when engine is on: the blades flick through the window... (these are the very same objects as in cargo view that works fine)  ???  already seen this?

Next improvements:
   - fire model (ready tomorrow)
      (to shoot pilots and specops, gameplay first). ::)
   - full cockpit
   - other LODs

3D rule used for alpha faces:
  You maybe already know that alpha faces are displayed the same way as the others: when the face to be displayed Z buffer is further than another previously displayed, it doesn't render. Result: an alpha face is cropped by another one just before.
  The order of rendering is the order of creation which means a face created before others is rendered first.
  So, here's a simple order for choppers most common alpha faces creation:
  - Main rotor blurred blades bottom
  - Cockpit inside faces
  - Tail rotor blurred blades
  - Cockpit outside faces
  - Main rotor blurred blades top
If you respect this order, there should be no problem (exceptions occur  ;D)

Still interested by feedback.
Drakkhen      
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2002, 02:42:19 by Drakkhen »

Duff

« Reply #12 on: 03 Oct 2002, 10:47:53 »

Drakkhen

« Reply #13 on: 03 Oct 2002, 11:26:47 »
Are you suggesting the shadow LOD is the reason of this problem?

I guess I can already answer "no" since without this LOD the problem remains... next, on the very same view I had the chopper's shadow (projected on a cliff  8)) and half the rotating blades (on top  ::)) and the flick only appears in the screen zone covered by blades.

Hmmm...  :-X

Duff

« Reply #14 on: 03 Oct 2002, 12:22:28 »
i can't suggest that because i don't have enough knowledge to suggest it. i just thought that the spinning square seemed odd. i don't recall the earlier version acting that way

Frosty

« Reply #15 on: 03 Oct 2002, 13:06:13 »
Wow, it looks good. It looks sorta like that Mh6v2 heli ive already got though :P Do you think you will release the OH6 + Ah6 versions as well?

Drakkhen

« Reply #16 on: 04 Oct 2002, 00:43:43 »
Hmmm... I prefer finish this first try to see most of what needs to be done on a PBO, then make something clean and realistic. Once this done, I'll do european crafts and vehicles.

Americans already have too much stuff in this game.
(AH-1, AH-64, CH-47, UH-60, OH-58 and 50% of mods when russians get V-80, Mi-24, Mi-8 and 30% of mods... the remaining 20% being shared by rebels or foreign US friendlies).

If someone then wonders why I did ONE MORE american chopper, I'll answer it's the first I randomly found in my books.  ;D

Now, I find more fun to fight the best armed ones :P in this game (mostly US and sometime Soviets) rather than poorly armed rebels :-\. So I'll look forward for rebels and their friendlies... except if BIS allow creating a lot more sides (with some kinda table to select dynamicrelations -friendly, neutral, hostile-) this would be amazing! 8)

I keep having this white flicking effect with blades in internal view only...

And I found some informations about instruments in a LittleBird confirming that most of dashboards I found are not real ones configuration. Looking fwd.

p.s. I continue to regularly (~every 2 days) update the Lb.zip file... check sometimes.

Drakkhen      

mattmayhem

« Reply #17 on: 06 Oct 2002, 05:26:49 »
Dude !! This is a great model, please lets us know when you fixed that big grey square that shows on the rotor blades at a distance, great model!

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #18 on: 06 Oct 2002, 23:30:46 »
Capt. Moore's Little Birds Don't have any Shadow for the Roter Blades once it get's goin' you could try Removing the Shadow all together

Drakkhen

« Reply #19 on: 06 Oct 2002, 23:46:31 »
 :)
Capt. Moore's Little Birds Don't have any Shadow for the Roter Blades once it get's goin' you could try Removing the Shadow all together

Dear PunkerSXDX, Cpt Moore is free to let his rotor blades without shadows.  To me, it's important to have them and for the moment, the shadow is a deformed shadow of another model I don't like, that's why I'm currently working on LODs and shadow LOD is just part of what I do. ;D

It's beginning to be hard figuring out what has to be deleted but there's still too many faces :-\. As I said before, just check sometime as I refresh the ZIP often enough.

I do care about visual quality of the chopper even if I would prefer having more faces but...  :Pwe all have to deal with hard/software limits.

I'll update ZIP tonight at 02:00am(01:00am GMT) 8).

...over...
Drakkhen        

Drakkhen

« Reply #20 on: 07 Oct 2002, 03:17:49 »
Corrected as you requested mattmayhem  the shape and rotor of lower LOD. ;)

The file is updated.

Cockpit instruments (mostly altimeter) will be improved later. :P

Had a problem with model for FireModel... maybe a disclosed volume ???. I'll check it later.

p.s.have more LODs ready but no time to implement yet.

C ya l8tr
Drakkhen      

mattmayhem

« Reply #21 on: 07 Oct 2002, 04:58:12 »
Damn dude, its looking really really good now ! , im glad you included the fast rope mount, it sure adds to the model, once you figure out how to stop the textures from changing at a distance this will be Excellent!!!  :o Very sweet looking and the details are amazing !

Drakkhen

« Reply #22 on: 08 Oct 2002, 01:06:44 »
Hi,

so... still at the very same place ;D:
 a new version with:
- One more LOD
- LOD distances adjusted (might be readjusted later)
- Masses assigned
- Fire model done (can shoot troopers and pilot) ;D
- Corrected textures
- Suppressed redundant P3D in the PBO (smaller file)

I still need feedback 'bout what needs to be corrected.
Since my comp' is a 2.1GHz/GeForce4... I always see the choppers in full detail (even when looking a gorilla formation -more than 8 crafts- fly by). I played with detail but feedback will be better.

I continue working on dash now (a friend works on sounds).

Good flight dudes!!! 8)
Drakkhen        

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #23 on: 08 Oct 2002, 01:20:31 »
I like your Attitude, Right On  :D

Duff

« Reply #24 on: 08 Oct 2002, 04:19:27 »
double check your center of gravity on the model. it doesn't seem to be under the main rotor. it seems that is a few virtual feet behind where it should be. this is just a humble opinion/observation ;)

mattmayhem

« Reply #25 on: 08 Oct 2002, 05:03:15 »
Its very sweet now, the only thing that happens sometimes at a distance is the copit seems to glaze over, this happens sometimes but not always and as soon as i zoom in it returns to normal even when i zoom out. Im glad your keeping with this addon untill its totally perfected ! hehe to  test this i made some fast insertion simulations and everyone on boadr definetly can be shot ! hehe.

Drakkhen

« Reply #26 on: 08 Oct 2002, 05:51:38 »
Ok... I'll look for all these.

Check it now (again) updated with a realistic  looking gyro.
http://perso.club-internet.fr/drakkhen/Images/1stPerson/OFP/LittlBrd_3.jpg

Took long but the texture makes it.
The funny part is it takes less faces!!!  ;D
(thus the file is bigger because of textures added)

Be well!!! ::)
Drakkhen    
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2002, 05:55:30 by Drakkhen »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #27 on: 09 Oct 2002, 01:53:28 »
Right On!  :D

CODY2622

« Reply #28 on: 09 Oct 2002, 04:28:01 »
hey man, this thing keeps on messing up. I go to it and select it I have all the requirements and it takes me to the desktop when I select it in the editor. can you please help me.

Duff

« Reply #29 on: 09 Oct 2002, 09:58:02 »
what version of flashpoint are you using?
have you tried deleting the pbo file and redownloading and reinstalling? perhaps the file was corrupted in the DL process.
how fast is your CPU?
what's your Vid card?
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2002, 10:01:45 by Duff »

CODY2622

« Reply #30 on: 09 Oct 2002, 20:47:46 »
I have 400 megahertz with 96 RAM, and a load of memory also I have a 3DFX CARD.

CODY2622

« Reply #31 on: 09 Oct 2002, 22:25:36 »
This  is wierd. I set the time of day at nighttime and it worked but didn't have any textures or crew. all you could see was the light. Can you please help?

Drakkhen

« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2002, 02:00:24 »
Hi Cody,

I can't tell where your problem can come from. :-\

Did you have the same problem with some other mod before?

If yes, you should check on the troubleshooting forums of the official OFP page. If not, I would like to know if anyone else experience or have experienced this kind of problem. ???

Thanx.

CODY2622

« Reply #33 on: 11 Oct 2002, 05:20:30 »
I have only dlownoaded the last up to date one.

Drakkhen

« Reply #34 on: 11 Oct 2002, 17:49:02 »
Sorry, can't help. :-X

Anyway, corrected rotor axis, vertical velocity hand position and the global dash texture. 8)

Max 245 speed seems correct now.
Note: It seems max speed only depends on mass of the chopper!!!

Still waiting for sounds... ???(what the Hell is he doin'?)

More later but the model is now fully playable. :P

Ciao ciao...

Duff

« Reply #35 on: 11 Oct 2002, 23:20:37 »
i'll send you the sound file i use, if you like it put it in. it's from my MS flight sim hughes 500.
« Last Edit: 11 Oct 2002, 23:21:14 by Duff »

Drakkhen

« Reply #36 on: 12 Oct 2002, 01:11:52 »
Thanx Duff.

So, the chopper is now available with a most accurate sound, from Duff's MD500.

HotShot

« Reply #37 on: 12 Oct 2002, 01:21:10 »
I cant download it, well i can but not open it :( It says "Invalid archive. Try downloading it again" or some thing ??? I know its completley downloaded and all and this didn't happen with the past versions i've downloaded :-\

P.S Can you put some screenshots of the latest version up. ;D
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2002, 01:27:08 by HotShot »

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #38 on: 12 Oct 2002, 03:05:52 »
it works okay the download try again HotS :-*hot

Duff

« Reply #39 on: 12 Oct 2002, 04:42:21 »
just to clarify, that isn't my sound. it is a common sound file that is a MD500 that is widely available in the flight sim communities. you guys can find textures there too.

Duff

« Reply #40 on: 12 Oct 2002, 04:58:33 »
sound problem:

the pitch of the sound is too high. a bit higher than the original file. when i had put it in your earlier PBOs it came out correct. but the new PBO has this new higher pitch of the sound i sent. it's like it's playing too fast.    (i sound like captian redundent)
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2002, 05:01:24 by Duff »

Duff

« Reply #41 on: 12 Oct 2002, 05:10:22 »
i found the problem:

it should say this

// Sons **************************************
soundEngine[]={\DrKk_MH6\mh6.ogg,db+5,1};   

HotShot

« Reply #42 on: 12 Oct 2002, 18:32:07 »
it works okay the download try again HotShot

You're right it does. I've got a programme called Real Download which saves downloads and you can pause and unpause when when you want. All i had to do is delete the saved file of the old version i downloaded and it worked fine. ;D

P.S Any chance of a mini-gun version? *cough* Blackhawk Down *cough*

Drakkhen

« Reply #43 on: 12 Oct 2002, 19:42:42 »
Ok... sound pitch corrected ;) but loudness kept to +0 since it already covers Apaches sound ... and I doubt it should. ::)

'bout minigun version, or any other version, sorry but you'll have to wait since I already was asked for two other models and I would like to have also time for mine... more data later.

C ya.

p.s. Don't hesitate use the PBO to make other versions. Just keep me informed at least  :D

"Nothing great can be made without passion" Hegel.

Duff

« Reply #44 on: 13 Oct 2002, 00:43:34 »
you might wan't to consider posting your bird over in the "addons:beta testing" forum. you might get some more opinions. so far all seems to be working with mh-6

Drakkhen

« Reply #45 on: 13 Oct 2002, 01:48:06 »
You're right.

End of thread. ;)

Thanx you all.