Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: quick problem with dust  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
quick problem with dust
« on: 16 Oct 2004, 19:57:37 »
Hi, can someone help real quick.  I got dust coming out the top of my car, which is no where close to the ground.  is there a way to fix this.  I'm not sure, but does this have something to do with the clan selection?

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
Re:quick problem with dust
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2004, 19:23:59 »
it has to do with something in the memory lod but i forgot which selection it is :-\

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2004, 23:59:56 »
this is probably a waste of time considering nobody knows nothing about dust (which it was the clan selection thing) but i got another problem concerning the shadows.  i know you have to have the last lod lesser than 300 polys, but it only shows the shadows when i'm far, far away.  one truck is about 270 polys in the last lod and the other is 299 polys.  I'd appreciate any help.

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2004, 00:07:41 »
do you have the property lodnoshadow with a value of 1 in every lod except the shadow lod?

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2004, 23:57:41 »
well, i'm not sure what ur talking about oyman.  I assume you mean in the flashpoint preference/advance/detail  Object LOD and the Shadow LOD  I turned the Object LOD to 1.000 and the shadow LOD to 0.386, but the shadows still didn't work properly.  I only got two LODs in the model, the last is below 300 polys.

You know what oyman, since you're so nice to help me, i think when i get an ftp server, i'll give you a beta of my truck.

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2004, 00:08:26 »
doh i forgot to say in oxygen i meant. press Alt+P to bring out the named property window and then right click..new and a new window should pop up.
in the name box type lodnoshadow
and in the value box type 1
do that to every lod except the shadow lod and you should be done
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/oyman/lodnoshadow.jpg
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2004, 17:22:02 by oyman »

Offline Delta Hawk

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2004, 19:37:40 »
thanx oyman, i'm beginning to think ur the only one who knows how to make addons lol  Here's a pic with the shadows   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/deltahawk/t2.jpg

Is there a way to make the textures sharper outside of making new ones?  Any special trick?

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2004, 21:28:56 »
thanx oyman, i'm beginning to think ur the only one who knows how to make addons lol  Here's a pic with the shadows   http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/deltahawk/t2.jpg
lol, looks good :)
Is there a way to make the textures sharper outside of making new ones?  Any special trick?
not that i know of, so nope sorry :-\