Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: the basic  (Read 474 times)

Offline penfolde

• Members
  • chaos, disorder and mayhem....my work is done!
the basic
« on: 24 Jan 2005, 13:29:00 »
Ello

I've just started trying to create me own mission and i've been looking through the tutoruals (alot),  One thing I cannot remeber seeing something explain what serton syntex in the files are.  The one i'm haveing trouble with is "{" or "}" int eh cpp file, its is in othe place too.
Also  inoticed in the ccp file that it use the "[]", what dose this mean.

And finally my last question, I'm trying add new addon to a mission,  the addon has five different weapon loads,  do i have to put all five version in the o.pdo (paying with mfcti)?  or just mane name?

Penfolde ;D

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:the basic
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2005, 14:40:10 »
[] indicates an array.   { } can be used as a subsitute for " ", particularly useful when putting quotes within quotes.    There are more sophisticated uses for { } too, which somebody more technical than me will explain.   ( ) is not used.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2005, 22:24:51 »
Somebody more technical than you?  ???
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2005, 00:09:09 »
Oh yes.    I'm couldn't tell a function if it bit me on the bum and have only rarely visted the near mythical land of "Con-fig".

For example, BIS are very keen that you should use " " and { } in combination in the correct way, because it may matter in OFP2 and beyond and will make your scripts more forwards-compatible.    But I can't tell you how, why, when, who, where, what or which.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play