Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realistic Explosion  (Read 949 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Realistic Explosion
« on: 16 Oct 2004, 01:52:56 »
hello,
I was wondering if sombody could make a realistic explosion script. one that could be added to any vehicle or explosive weapon. if anybody wants to try it here is a pic they can refrence from.
Important: notice the sparks coming off of the explosion.

http://www.hnd.usace.army.mil/pao/CEAInfo/Explosion%20Photo.JPG
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2004, 01:54:00 by penguinman »

Dubieman

Re:Realistic Explosion
« Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2004, 04:39:30 »
Well there are scripts in the ed depot to make explosions but I'm guessing you want the whole enchulada, get ECP.

Its awesome. I don't want to tell you anything about it, but get it and you'll enjoy OFP 5x more at least. ;)
Figures I suck at finding links. Its in OFPEC somewhere, search the ed depot... ;D

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2004, 04:43:33 »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2004, 07:30:58 »
does ECP work with all addons even those that havent come out or even been thought of yet. it looks nice but im afraid it might do somthing to make me regret downloading it.
Ive had to reinstall opf and then opf resistance and then all the patches(some are hard to find) twice from stuff like that.
It looks good but

I don't want to tell you anything about it

Dont worry about that I need to know if its worth the risk. im not gona enjoy it any less if u tell me about it.

Now can it make an explosion like in my pic? If yes than il get it without a seconds thought. plz tell me more about it.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2004, 07:32:26 by penguinman »

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2004, 13:10:49 »
The ECP installer.exe should do all the hard work for you but really its very easy to install ECP on your own...simply make sure u have your opflash root directory backed up to another temp folder and you cant go wrong.  :)

But...
if installing things on your PC is a scary episode for you then may I suggest you wait a lil  while longer for the latest ECP release. It will definately be worth the wait and the install.

Regards
Zay
ECP Team

and hey!
http://www.hnd.usace.army.mil/pao/CEAInfo/Explosion%20Photo.JPG

that's a photo from the new unreleased ECP--how did u get that? We havent even released yet!   ;)
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2004, 13:16:03 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2004, 15:40:06 »
Well I told you that cause its hard for me to play OFP without ECP.

I've never done the addons put in certain folder stuff, but it seems to just pick up addons like yesterday my Sherman got pounded by some Tigers and booom, ECP explosion+crew getting out on fire.

No I don't think that this will cause you to reinstall OFP. I think its worth it unless this new ECP is only days away. But the mod does have the explosions you want plus a bunch of new features that makes OFP much better.

And when's that new version coming out? I want it. ;D :P
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2004, 15:41:05 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

Offline Nemesis6

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2004, 07:59:16 »
Without sucking (too much) up, I pretty much remember the ECP explosions to be pretty acceptable. On the general subject, it would be nice to have some recorded explosions of verious kinds, just for referance.
I am actually flying into a star... this is incredible!

DSGizzmo

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jan 2005, 00:17:15 »
I'd suggest FlashFX it works on the original BIS units, its adds lots of things flaming wrecks, fuel truck explosions (very nice 8)) and smoking guns aswell as realistic explosions with shockwaves and burning debris.

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2005, 06:18:17 »
I had flashFx.. it had more flames and stuff but ECP is da... uh..... thingy.. da thingy! da mommy or what the hell it is.... Well eh... that explosion eh? Lolz I love that joke as a real explosion. Cant wait till next version.. Just 1 version:

WHEN DOES ECP V1.075 COME OUT??? (sorry for caps)
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage