Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Explosion Script  (Read 999 times)

Offline goki

• Members
Explosion Script
« on: 21 Sep 2004, 10:54:29 »
Hi all,

We are making an addon truck for Operation Flashpoint Resistance v.1.91 and nowadays trying to use the script "fire", attached, for explosion animation of our truck.

Th script seems okay but we have a problem; when our truck takes enough damage the script begins to be operated and the truck burns with jet black smoke rising. It is great on this point. But approximately 11 seconds later, the smoke vanishes completely and only glow remains, as seen in the picture attached. However, the same script used by people making BRDM addon gives a quite different result! The picture attached shows the explosion of fuel truck coming with BRDM addon, on the left side, and the explosion of our truck, on the right. As you see the main problem is that, other people using this script - the same script exactly - having a continuous jet black smoke whereas we struggle with an "impatient smoke"!

Could it be about config.cpp file? Maybe config.cpp file affects the animation?

regards
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2004, 10:58:26 by gokistanis »

Offline goki

• Members
Re:Explosion Script
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2004, 22:30:15 »
Holy crap!

Suppose I got the point on my own!

Trucks carrying fuel and ammo burn with long lasting smoke and other trucks burn with less smoke. It seems reasonable...

I think it is some kind of drawback though. Because in this case, this means scripts can not control animations "through and through". There are some general rules which can't be broken...

please post if you know this stuff,

regards,