Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Jungle Island?  (Read 1323 times)

exigent

Jungle Island?
« on: 19 Sep 2004, 02:55:09 »
Where can i found a island thats like jungle forest with grass thats high up to your thighs or something like that with a lot of trees and a lot cover to take. and maybe a village or a couple of em? :)

m21man

Re:Jungle Island?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2004, 05:36:32 »
AFAIK the only such islands are for good ol' Resistance. Ebud's Jungle island might work with 1.46, but that was basically just a CWC island with low-grade palm trees and no grass.

exigent

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2004, 16:39:43 »
Hummmm can you give me some names for them please? I dont care if there for 1.46 or 1.96 lol i'll mess with the config file a little (dont it before :P) lol.

m21man

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2004, 16:53:35 »
AFAIK OFP loads islands in a different way after it's patched up to 1.75 or higher, so config adjustments won't help with that. Nor will they help with higher-resolution ground textures.

Anyway, without a doubt the best jungle island is Tonal (I don't even think that the island size is supported by CWC, as it's twice the size of a CWC island). Tonal can be found in the Mods section of OFP.info .

exigent

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2004, 18:07:55 »
Ya i want to download Tonal island but it's to big i have a 56k lol it will take leteraly days to download.  Any other islands? :)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2004, 18:43:38 »
You must understand exigent, a lot of islands have objects embedded in them that ONLY work with Resistance.

The Resistance bridge is an example.

Even if 1.46 was able to load the island, you would get errors with missing objects like the aforementioned bridge.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

exigent

« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2004, 20:02:24 »
Lol i know. But can i just have some names of some good jungle islands?

m21man

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2004, 18:11:18 »
All of the good jungle maps I know are either included in the Tonal pack or use Tonal objects. The only remotely-junglish island that works with CWC is Ebud's Jungle Everon (Which is basically regular Everon with all of the regular trees replaced with low-quality palms). I can say safely that there aren't any good jungle maps for CWC, as the jungle craze only picked up after Resistance was released.

exigent

« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2004, 23:04:24 »
Ok thanks i download the Tonal ASAP.