Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 3d studio Max  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
3d studio Max
« on: 16 Sep 2004, 00:37:26 »
Can anyone tell me where I can find a downloadable 3d Studio Max? I tried search function here and on google looking for it and found nuttin.

Or is 3d Studio Max not really nessary. When i look at the tutes i have they kindof say yes and no...

-Thanx, Tyger
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:3d studio Max
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2004, 00:54:14 »
3d studio Max is a commercial program that costs a couple hundred bucks, not some freeware program you download off the internet. ???
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2004, 03:24:36 »
ya 3d studio max cost's about $600 in american dollars,plus my school has it and i think it sucks compared to oxygen ::)

Spanky

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2004, 10:11:19 »
You can get a scaled down version of it here, for FREE:
http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax/

I still prefer Maya tho...pity i cant use it to make ofp models :(

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
  • "The evil that men do lives on and on"
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2004, 15:18:13 »
In some countries fileshare programs (DC++, Kazaa) aren't illegal... ;) I used these to get my one, though O2 is definitely capable enough for OFP modelling...

Offline Tier

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2004, 18:58:02 »
   I've used it too, and prefer just using O2. You have to put  the model in O2 anyways to get it in flashpoint so why bother with conversion hassels like flipped faces and messed up textures.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2004, 23:33:13 »
In some countries fileshare programs (DC++, Kazaa) aren't illegal...
I didn't know there were places where these programs were illegal ???. What is illegal is using it to distribute property illegally (i.e. copywritten music and programs).
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2004, 12:12:54 »
ok dats good cause I have oxygen. I was just a bit confused bout the importing from 3d studio thing. Thanxs for all the help mates.
Cheers :cheers:
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
  • "The evil that men do lives on and on"
« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2004, 15:16:43 »
Yeah, yeah I know it's illegal to share and legal to download, but DC requires sharing and you would kick me out if I advised you into using illegal means.... ;)

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #9 on: 18 Sep 2004, 02:36:52 »
@ Epeli  ;D The moderators might not be to happy, but me...  ;D

thnx all,
:cheers:
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2004, 02:38:02 by Tyger »

WAKA-WAKA

« Reply #10 on: 12 Oct 2004, 02:04:06 »
?

blackjack

« Reply #11 on: 12 Oct 2004, 20:25:47 »
considering the fact that i (only)use 3dmax for fun, i must warn you that it will take a LONG time for getting confortable with it. this software is used by professional artists and some amateurs (like me), so the price is really high. i didnt have the $ for buying it, and i dont use it professionaly so i got a copy from a friend.
3dsmax is not useless for ofp...for example,when i want to open a highres model (*.3ds file) with o2,  i need to cut the number of polygons drasticly before... otherwise o2 crashes.
there's some other's functions i'm still searching, like importing with textures correctly.
but if ur starting a model from the scratch, NO u dont need 3dmax at all.  ;)