Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: hands  (Read 1445 times)

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
hands
« on: 10 Sep 2004, 23:39:23 »
might sound a bit strange: my problem is getting a unit's hand in the right position. in o2 it's all fine, but ingame the hands are out of place.
is there any secret to make the hands stick properly to the arms??? i've tried everything from shifting the hands around, the xrouka-selections in the memoroy lod (it's in place - see first sceenshot!), copy/paste the hands of an odol_explorer'ed resistance model, making the upper hand part of the xloket-selection,.... nothing works properly!

btw. what are that xrouka-selections in the memoryLOD exactly for?  do they actually influence the model's behaviour/placement of the hands? as far as i tried it the model function quite well without them.

o2 screenshots:

ingame:

help is highly appreciated!!!!
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
Re:hands
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2004, 01:44:55 »
is the original model transformed from odol to mlod?

if so that is your problem

Blackblood

« Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2004, 10:16:38 »
The problem lies in the animation rather than the model itself. Just take a look at some (or all) animations in ofpanim. I don't think BIS were taking into fact that some units wont be wearing longsleeves hence the sloppy continuency. Prolly cause what you can't see don't have to be perfect.  :-[

I'm afraid you're gonna have to do a workaround in order to fix this. And that is still not 100% ok. I talked to Ebud 'bout that and he lend me his hand  ;D from the OPFOR units p3d. It's a matter of twisting and turning and connecting polys on the expense of wrist looking funky when idle. Let's hope OFP2 has a smarter solution.

I'm finishing off my UK troops and are still not 100% happy with the wrist. You are more than welcome to use it when I release the final version (sep -04?!)

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2004, 00:35:42 »
OK, for all with a similar problem: better make gloves that cover the arm:

and for all who almost despaired of it:
 http://www.erzquaelspor.de/ofp/hands.p3d
i don't pretend that this is the ideal thing, the hands still look out of place in certain moves (e.g. sit down, salute...) but i don't  know a better solution at the moment. remember even BAS's gloves for the TSF soldiers looked a bit odd. as blackblood said: hopefully ofp2 comes up with a more elegant solution.

concerning the xruka selections in the memory lod: i think it's only important for things like placement of handgrenades,...  not more.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2004, 00:41:26 by remcen »
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Lean Bear

« Reply #4 on: 06 Dec 2004, 19:17:38 »
Make custom (ie. re-do BIS ones) anims for the units.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 11 Dec 2004, 21:47:52 »
Be my guest :P
Maybe just redo the ones that are worst..?
And make them into a MOD folder, not something that replaces the origonal ones..
The custom sky things do that..
- Ben