Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: problem with triggers and waypoints  (Read 375 times)

rezz

problem with triggers and waypoints
« on: 06 Sep 2004, 16:44:31 »
I want that a resistance soldier joins a west  soldier (player). But before that the player has to activate a trigger. The join waypoint and the trigger are synchronized. When the west soldier reaches the trigger the resistance soldier joins the west soldier but the resistance soldier doesn`t runs directly to the west soldier. He runs to the location where the player started. That means that if I fly with with a chopper, wich is far away from the resistance soldier, and activate the trigger, I can wait an hour until he got to the location I started. What do i have to do, so that the resistance soldier runs directly to me.
Is that a bug in the game?? cause i`ve got  resistance 1.3 and cant update to 1.96 because i need 1.75 first. And version 1.85 sais that i woulndt have opf installed

thanks for your help

rezz

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:problem with triggers and waypoints
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2004, 16:49:26 »
Firstly, you can update to v1.46 from the official site at www.flashpoint1985.com.    It's much better than 1.3.    To get a version higher than than you need to buy Resistance (v1.75) or GOTY which is well worth the $10 - $15 it costs these days.   If you can find a copy.

That alone might solve the problem.    However, you shouldn't do it like this anyway.    Never use player waypoints to make things happen - they are too unreliable.   Players in Veteran mode can't see them so they may miss one, which screws up the whole mission.

You already have a trigger activated by the player, which is fine.   Write this in the trigger

On activation:   [resyLoon] join player

where resyLoon is the name of your resistance soldier.   That should do the trick.   Syntax not guaranteed.
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 16:50:12 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

rezz

Re:problem with triggers and waypoints
« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2004, 17:43:29 »
Thanks a lot. Finally it works and I noticed that I haven`t got Resistance, I only have Red Hammer. :P