Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Several endings  (Read 399 times)

madmodder2k4

Several endings
« on: 05 Sep 2004, 17:10:45 »
Please Bear with me,this is a bit silly..

I am working on a campaign and the first mission is this:

You must Attack a busy town full of enemies,obviously,so if the town is cleared,the mission is complete with a normal ending,but if you hasvepreviously destroyed an ural that escaped from the town earlier in the mission,then you will get a different ending.

*How is this done so if the ural isn't destroyed but the town is cleared you get a normal ending but if the ural is destroyed and you cleared the town (which is the Priority Clearing the town...) destroying an escaping ural is simply an optional objective which gives a separate ending which is more rewarding.

Can Someone help? Give me some info or send an example mission,i don't really care if it is done on a desert,just show me a simple,broken down version if you're not too busy to help..    8)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Several endings
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2004, 17:36:00 »
Ural alive - End#1
Ural dead - End#2

You can have different cutscenes at the end of the mission for each ending.  Also different briefing texts.    

However both will play Outro Win.    If you want Outro Loose you will sacrifice the debriefing text.    Since this is a campaign, you have the flexibility to play what you like in the "outro position" since you can have different campaign paths (i.e. different cutscene missions before the next real mission).

Read snYpir's Briefing tutorial and also his how to use objectives and init.sqs.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

madmodder2k4

« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2004, 19:57:43 »
i dont want the mission to end immediately after the ural is destroyed,i want it to end when the town is cleared along with the Ural.Giving a different ending than simply going in and killing everything and ignoring the ural...Which gives you a normal ending...

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 05 Sep 2004, 20:03:55 »
Well you just need two triggers.   Both covering the town, both with enemy not present in the Activation box

Trigger1
Type:  End#1
Condition:  this and (ural1 getDammage > 0.9)

Trigger2
Type:  End#2
Condition:  this and (ural1 getDammage  <= 0.9)

You can play with that depending on exactly what you want, but hopefully you get the idea.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

madmodder2k4

« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2004, 12:20:32 »
thanks,this works like a dream  :thumbsup: