Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPAnim  (Read 2289 times)

Lean Bear

OFPAnim
« on: 05 Sep 2004, 11:40:39 »
I don't really know where to put this but his seemed like the best place since it related to O2.

OFPAnim, that great OFP util made by those guys over at AEF.

Well....

I've made some custom wepons (a baseball bat, a fork ;D and an axe/hatchet) but when I start OFPAnim I can't get the models to move!! I want to make a sort of striking action. But if someone could tell me how to get the models moving I would be very thankfull. ???

Also, I have made proxys of the weapons but I doesn't seem to matter where I postion them. ???

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:OFPAnim
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2004, 20:53:28 »
Read the tutorial in the comments here:
http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=378

That should get you started. And please note I didn't write the tut, I just pasted it there for others. However, I have learned some things about OFP anim, so I can help if you still don't get it after reading that.  :)
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Lean Bear

« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2004, 20:57:12 »
Thanks a lot Barron. I'll check it out.
I wasn't aware there was a tut for it on OFPEC!

Lean Bear

« Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2004, 08:52:15 »
OK, so. I looked through the tut in the coments but I couldn't find anything that related, it was all basic things. But there was nothing about loading new proxys and using them in an animation.

Can you help me mister Barron sir?

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2004, 17:59:25 »
Hmm, don't they just use the AK47 proxy?
- Ben

Lean Bear

« Reply #5 on: 06 Sep 2004, 18:03:48 »
Yeah.
But even when I tried to do an animation with the ak 47 proxy it still doesn't move - only the model of the soldier!
That's why I need some help.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: 06 Sep 2004, 21:10:00 »
What weapon slot do your weapons use? If it is a primary weapon, you need to move the big green triangle (the "weapons/arms" component). If it is a secondary weapon, move the tube component. Actually you should move those proxies anyway, or else the anim will look funny if the unit is carrying a weapon or a launcher. If it is a pistol, I don't know what to do. I don't know what you mean about 'loading new proxies', so I can't help you there. I know nothing about modelling; I just know how to use ofpanim.
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Lean Bear

« Reply #7 on: 06 Sep 2004, 21:13:56 »
They are primary weapons.
ummmm.... big green triangle?

edit
Don't worry about "loading new proxys". That was just so I could get my weapons in OFPAnim. I made new proxys on a "new" .p3d (just mc tankitstie3 // or whatever) but with less proxys. Only the ones for my weapons.

Well. At least it means I've been trying to move the wrong thing.

But, big green triangle...?
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2004, 21:17:09 by Lean Bear »

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #8 on: 06 Sep 2004, 21:36:18 »
the "weapons/arms" component
The very last component on the list.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #9 on: 07 Sep 2004, 16:57:58 »
Hmm, the proxys are on the P3D..
If you open the mc_tankiste thing, it will only have a RPG/AK47 proxy..
If you open, say, the BAS ones, it will have different proxys..
- Ben

Lean Bear

« Reply #10 on: 07 Sep 2004, 18:23:31 »
OK. I use the non-English, non-German/Dutch translation for OFPAnim. (The original one that's there when you start OFPAnim 0.98 for the first time.

The last item on the tree thing worked. (called zbran) But the main weapon is the AK47 and not my custom ones. Incidentally, the secondary weapon one is called roura (for anyone reading this topic in hope of finding some solutions). Now I just need to figure out how to make my custom weapons the primary weapons!

Lean Bear

« Reply #11 on: 07 Sep 2004, 18:57:53 »
OK!!! I officialy say this topic has been solved! So I'm gonna lock it. Thanx a lot to DBR_ONIX and of course, General Barron!! ;)

For anyone who wants to know. Here is how to import your own weapons and then make anims with them. (note: only for primary and secondary weapons)

First, from the OFPAnim demodata folder, open - using O2 - mc tankinstae 2 or 3. Then, go to the box on the bar on the right and look at the selections/proxys box. There will be proxys like "proxy: ak_47" and the like. DON'T JUST CLICK AND PRESS DELETE AS THIS WILL NOT DELETE THEM!!!! You have to right-click on them and select delete (makes all the difference, trust me). Do the same for all of the proxys. Then, find the zbran (and roura if you want a weapon to be in the secondary slot - that's like the LAW and the RPG) selection and right-click, delete them.

OK. Next, (don't exit O2 just yet) save the new .p3d as whatever name you want - not too long - and put it in a new folder called whatever you want. Then, back in O2, load the .p3d file you just saved and go back to the selection/proxys box. Create a new proxy for your weapon (for posistioning of the proxys, check the external viewer - Bulldozer. Or, as in my case it doesn't show up, use OFPAnim to check it out) and call it whatever. Prefferable related to your .p3d of the weapon. Then, left-click on the proxy you just made and then right-click, and "new". This will make a new selection using the same points as your proxy. Call it (if its your primary weapon) "zbran".
If its your secondary weapon call it "roura".

OK that's all for O2. Save and exit.

Open up OFPAnim (if you haven't already) and load your .p3d (of the man - who is gonna hold your weapon). You might need to move your weapon .p3d's to the OFPAnim folder. I dunno. So, in OFPAnim edit the frame and scroll down right to the bottom of the "tree" - the thing where you select your parts that you want to move - and move it to the desired position. This isn't an OFPAnim tut, its just so you can use your own weapons. Now you should be able to create a custom anim, using your custom weapons!!

Confused ???. Just PM me and tell me what's going wrong and I'll help you fix it. 8)