Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WrpEdit import getting scewed  (Read 1582 times)

0SDM

WrpEdit import getting scewed
« on: 03 Sep 2004, 21:39:49 »
Just started using WrpEdit and was following the tute which was fine till I got to the importing part.

Whenever I import a file it gets scewed as if the exported section has been divided in half diagonally and the bottom right part has been moved to the top left. This only happens when I export a section of the map, if I export the entire map it works fine. The exported file also runs through the heightmod prog fine so that seems to rule out a formatting problem. Anyone got a soln?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:WrpEdit import getting scewed
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2004, 00:57:32 »
You need to tell WrpEdit the correct dimensions of the terrain portion you are trying to import.

You also need to specify the position on the map area to put it.

If I remember correctly, I covered this briefly in my WrpEdit tutorial.......or was it the manual.  One of those anyway.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

0SDM

« Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2004, 03:32:07 »
Thnx, I'll try to find the correcting dimensions thing. Dont think it was mentioned in the tute.

0SDM

« Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2004, 06:39:55 »
Oops, misread your post. My dimensions are all correct as far as I could tell. I also made a text file in BMP2ASCII2ASE and imported it. It was a full sized 256x256 file, I set width and height to 256 and left and bottom to 0. I prolly making some very simple mistake but I cant work it out. >:(

0SDM

« Reply #4 on: 04 Sep 2004, 07:08:03 »
Sry to all bout the lotsa posts but I sorta figured out the prob.

If I import a 128x128 file I gotta set the size on the import box to 129x129. Same goes for every other import, I just set the size to 1 more on the width and height and it works fine.

The only problem with this is that the scroll box wont let me put in 257x257 to allow me to get 256x256 files to import correctly.

Im using WrpEdit 0.93, is this a bug (maybe not allowing for the 0,0 tile) if not then how to I get around it. And if so is there a fixed ver.

Thnx.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 04 Sep 2004, 14:44:12 »
The only problem with this is that the scroll box wont let me put in 257x257 to allow me to get 256x256 files to import correctly.

Just input the values yourself.

Click into the gadget and type in the numbers you want.

WrpEdit only ever had the one release, and 0.93 is it.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.