Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: city map  (Read 1720 times)

repta

city map
« on: 16 Aug 2004, 02:35:20 »
hey i need a new island. it doesnt have to be very big it just has to be covered with a city. it is for my upcoming police mission pack or campaign(havent decided yet). pm me for details.

DBR_ONIX

Re:city map
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2004, 12:37:54 »
Hmm, your gonna be hard pushed to find 'un of them..
They tend to lag OFP to much..
But Versus 2 is a small tightly back small village/town
- Ben

repta

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2004, 14:43:52 »
im not sure if it will be released to the public yet(depends how good it is). It will be for me and my friends(we all have monster comps that can handle anything). another idea would be several very small maps that each make up a part of the city(the slums, factory complex, uptown, docks, etc...).

Commando

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2004, 12:49:11 »
i also recommend the versus2 island you can find it here
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4206

another good island is mapfact nogova wich has some really nice detail to it
maybe not so many big cities but it has one of the best made airports on it  :D   ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/islands2/Map_Noe_V100.zip
it requires these extra addons to run it to ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unoffaddons2/NogovaObjects.zip

the cecenian  island got one big city on it that i remember was pretty nice

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/Cecenian_island.rar
it also required a few extra stuff
ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/objects%20AgsMapfactUtopia.zip

and the gaia island has a bit modern feel to its city to and the island is big and big missions on this one sometimes require some extra power from the comp but i think you and your buddies can handle it maybe  ;D

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/islands2/gaia.rar

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2004, 10:21:50 »
Uh, yeah.. Pretty much ;D
Nice linking Commando :)
I wanna see an island done with teh AGS_CityPack, kinda like the GTA citys, like lots of tall buildins (Not enterable, to keep lag done), and dual roads and stuff :)
- Ben

Jakerod

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2004, 03:29:23 »
Think Gaia is probably your best bet.

Lean Bear

« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2004, 16:31:50 »
Check out the GTA "mod". "OFP goes GTA". Just type that into google to find the Belgain Studios website. There is a mission, it requires loads of addons! - some are really hard to find because only about half the links work - I have them all so contact me if you want them). It uses Trinity island. But when you play the mission you can see the island has had more buildings placed on it. Not really a fixed island, but close. You could dePBO it and in misson editor you could remove everything to do with the mission, just leave the buildings and stuff and use that.

It uses the AGS_CityPack. To bad you can't go in any of them. :-\