Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Iraq  (Read 2142 times)

bringer_25

Iraq
« on: 21 Sep 2002, 23:59:32 »
Can someone make 5 to 10 maps of iraq, no water, only in kuwait, and a airport in saudi and one in iraq, with hills, and desert,

Real iraq, not all real, not every single hill.  and tank bunkers

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Iraq
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2002, 03:00:13 »
Hmmmmm..........don`t think you will be able to have a map without the water.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Jakerod

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2002, 03:06:01 »
You sorta can... you can make a big square island that looks like land but there will be water at the edges.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2002, 03:07:56 »
Exactly...........the water will always be there.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

bringer_25

« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2002, 07:39:32 »
so just do it like that

Leone

« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2002, 10:43:33 »
Hey Bringer,

You know perfectly well that Op Gulf War Crisis are working on Iraq islands ATM....and that they will rock when they come out. They will have custom bunkers etc etc and huge flat areas etcetc. So just be patient. No-one who reads your post is going to bring out maps before OGWC, because they aren't as far down the line as I am. IT TAKES MONTHS TO MAKE A GOOD ISLAND! So go do something else until Xmas ok?

TonicRage

« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2002, 01:16:59 »
Hey perhaps this fella "Bringer_25 didn't know about those guys who are doing that...I didn't until you wrote that message. So ease off the trigger ok? And just how do you know that their maps will rock? what happens if they suck? What if they are worthless and someone else could have made one ten times better than theirs and you just cause everyone to have to wait another month or so just because of you words. Think before you speak my OFP friend.

MadAussie

« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2002, 02:40:26 »
Gday Mate..
FYI I am currently making a number of fictional desert islands..some afghan orientated some iraq and one israel/palestine ...Cool features... I have almost done 2.. Must have OFP Res though.. When ready they will be posted here.
I could make OFP non Res islands too if needed.
They are made with Terragen/Wilbur so the terrain is smooth  :)
BTW I am having problems with adobe photoshop and masks..They come out in Black and White..if anyone can help contact me or leave a Personal Email
MadAussie out...

Leone

« Reply #8 on: 28 Sep 2002, 13:14:48 »
Hey perhaps this fella "Bringer_25 didn't know about those guys who are doing that...I didn't until you wrote that message. So ease off the trigger ok? And just how do you know that their maps will rock? what happens if they suck? What if they are worthless and someone else could have made one ten times better than theirs and you just cause everyone to have to wait another month or so just because of you words. Think before you speak my OFP friend.

If you check the Op Gulf Crisis website you will find hundreds of posts by bringer...many of them pushy and annoying and in a couple of cases deleted because they were not fit for the public. So I know bringer's posts well. And as for the maps...I am in the middle of making one right now...and it rocks. Maybe think before you speak my friend.... ::)

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #9 on: 28 Sep 2002, 20:26:21 »
Hey Leone are you guys on OFPGWC making new building too like in Iraq?

bringer_25

« Reply #10 on: 29 Sep 2002, 03:23:42 »
not too put that site down, you know it doesn't take 3 months to make a map and release a couple of addons, so shhh! be quiet, i also have stopped cussing and now trying to help that site by giving them information on other vehicals for iraq and textures for MLRS and others
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2002, 03:27:08 by bringer_25 »

C598

« Reply #11 on: 29 Sep 2002, 05:18:51 »
3 months to make an island that is mostly flat, mostly one texture, and has almost nothing on it?

If so than thats the slowest thing i've ever seen or heard of.

Leone

« Reply #12 on: 29 Sep 2002, 09:16:35 »
Ok..to reply to some of the above. I should first point out that I am not in anyway the spokesperson for OFPGWC...I just happen to frequent this forum a fair bit (and others)...and some things came up that I thought needed to be said.

First. I would not ever want to dicourage anyone making their own Iraq maps. More power to you. But it is relevent to point out that some are being made. I abandoned my Omaha Beach after looking around and finding at least three people already doing it...what was the point?

Second. Yes there will be new Iraq buildings. This leads me to explain that it doesn't take 3 months to build a map that is mostly flat, mostly one texture and has almost nothing on it....at least it doesn't when that texture and all those "almost nothing"'s already exist. But many of them don't even exist fully. So bit hard to put 'em in a map :) A mod is a team effort...and as such takes time to coordinate all of the necessary parts. There has to be communication backwards and forwards to make sure everyone is on track and focussed on the same goals. So three months for a map in these circumstances would be QUICK.

And finally...yes bringer, I noticed the new posts. Thank you. Much better to try and help rather than just critcise all the time don't you think? Should be a better result for EVERYONE.

I don't really want to spend my time on this forum answering questions about OFPGWC....so the URL follows.

http://desertstorm.gamersrevolt.com