Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NV on scope only?  (Read 1393 times)

AnarCHy

NV on scope only?
« on: 26 Aug 2004, 12:27:04 »
Read this topic....

I have been itching to know if you can add NV to a weapon, and only the weapon.  The scope, like the Reflex, should only be in Nightvision...

Because if I use the new BAS weapons...I am able to look through the scope of the gun without blocking out my view of everything else...

So is this possible?
AnarCHy

(I dont mean to recruit...but i guess this would count as it...because of the page and all)

DBR_ONIX

Re:NV on scope only?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2004, 17:22:32 »
Think this had been discused before..
How about if you use the optics for a certain firemode "optica_nvg.p3d"?
But you mean only the little bit inside the scope it a NVG?
Then its pretty much impossible :(
- Ben

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:NV on scope only?
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2004, 18:11:42 »
Not possible to make a night-vision sight, or I'm sure it would have been done many times before.

Because if I use the new BAS weapons...I am able to look through the scope of the gun without blocking out my view of everything else...
If all you want is an expanded field of view, then that is possible. Check out the WGL mod; their NVGs are clear and have a bigger field of view. I think Kegety's DXDLL also expands the NVG view.

The scope, like the Reflex, should only be in Nightvision...
Actually, Reflex sights (they aren't scopes) are not night vision scopes. You are thinking of "starlight" scopes.
Also, taking a look at the pics on your board, I feel compelled to point out that the carrying handle is removed when you put optics on an m4, such as a scope or reflex sight.

GB
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!