Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Lit Bridges  (Read 850 times)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Lit Bridges
« on: 22 Aug 2004, 17:13:58 »
Have a look at this picture........

(link at bottom)

This object is only for placement in wrp files, it won't work properly as a streetlight in the editor.

I have read elsewhere that the reason that streetlights don't work properly in the editor is because of an error in the editorupdates.  This is not true in my estimation.
Placing this in the editor produces the same error, to whit, the light appears half way up the object.

I think the reason for the error is because the streelights are only meant to be used as wrp placed objects.  They all work fine if placed in wrp files.

Now, you might think 'Nice, a bridge with lights', but, the AI thinks 'Huh!! Streetlights'.

This is because it is configured as a 'class Streetlamp' object, using the 'streelamp' simulation.

The player can use the object as a bridge, but the AI won't look at it.

If it is configured as a 'class Road' object , the AI sees it as a road and will cross the bridge.  However, it won't have any lights at night.

So, in short, it can be either a streetlamp object or a road object, but not both.

Also

I can make a version for the Mission Editor based on the 'fire' simulation, but once again, AI will not see it as a road.

I can also make it without 'fire' or 'streelamp' simulations, in which case the AI will cross it ok.

If I then setpos lights in the correct position using an eventhandler launched from the config of the object, the AI will once again refuse to cross the bridge.

Ok.........so, I'm open to suggestions.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.