Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do you dePBO a PBO file?  (Read 1152 times)

Black Death

How do you dePBO a PBO file?
« on: 27 Jun 2004, 18:48:58 »
Hey everyone! 8)

I think I have found the answer necessary to fix the muzzle flash bug.  I believe you have to edit something in the config.cpp, which I think is contained in the pbo file(right?).  ???
     I have found out through frustration that I can't just open up the pbo in notepad, edit it, and save it because if I do that, than the addon won't be available in the game and I'm sure it's in the right directory. >:(
     So my question to this team of fine OFPEC minds is how do I "dePBO" a file so I can edit the config.cpp, then put it all back together so I can use the addon in the game?  :help:

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:How do you dePBO a PBO file?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2004, 20:20:25 »
Use Amalfis PBO decryptor 1.5 from the Editors Depot.

Here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?browsewhat=3&category=3_2

Planck
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2004, 20:21:12 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:How do you dePBO a PBO file?
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2004, 21:22:51 »
Hi BlakDeath
Well I tried it and the config file has what you stated already.And it still has the flash.I havent tried correcting USMC Assault pack M60e gunner yet but I tried to correct one of the 249 saw's.The name of the file is SNSSAW from POR i think.  When I messed with the config file and pbo'd it back to getther ,when I launched OFP i got a messege that config bin needed to contain  " " for some reason.I dint have any idea.But when i put it back to normal it still stated that I was missing a symbol in the config file and it wouldnt launch the game.