Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Simulating nitros oxide  (Read 1787 times)

Ice Man 3:16

Simulating nitros oxide
« on: 30 Jul 2004, 22:49:08 »
Is there a way to simulate using nitros oxide in a car?  I figure you could use the same type of code some plane addons use for the increase in speed when using afterburners.  Only difference is the script would have to be set to shut off after a certion amount of time (the nitros tanks running out).  Anyone have any ideas of how to do this?

Homefry31464

Re:Simulating nitros oxide
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2004, 05:12:39 »
I am pretty sure there is a script in the Editor's Depot that does simulate Nitrous Oxide... I just can't remember by whom, starts with a 'C' I think...

« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2004, 08:31:01 »
I looked all over but i still can't find it :/

AnarCHy

« Reply #3 on: 01 Aug 2004, 13:18:13 »
Try the search function atop the page, there is one I saw a while back that worked pretty good, flames flying out the back of the car and all.

Hope i helped,
AnarCHy

edit
I found it for yas, click me.  Just read it for instructions on how to use it.
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2004, 13:20:27 by AnarCHy »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 01 Aug 2004, 20:10:09 »
Err, theres one in the Editors depot
Use the serach box thing on the Editor Depot, type in Nitros, and hit Search
Should show up
- Ben

« Reply #5 on: 01 Aug 2004, 23:17:21 »
yeah, im sorry guys, i forgot to post i found it a second after i posted i couldn't.  But thanks for all the help!  :D

The link to his HuNtAs Nitrous script is dead.... i found one in the editors depo

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=283

I don't think it would work as well though.  Does anyone happen to have a copy of HuNtAs Nitrous script they could link me to?

Also im gonna need some help adding onf of these scripts into a car addon i have.  I was hoping i could make the scrips fully independent so the .sqs file is inside the addon .pbo and you don't have to put anything in the init field of the car because the needed line of code that is usually placed in the init will be included in somewhere in the config file.

thanks everyone!

Victor78

« Reply #6 on: 03 Aug 2004, 07:21:40 »
I dont know if this is the one you have found but I use this and it works well enough

Code: [Select]
c= car
vx = velocity c select 0
vy = velocity c select 1
vz = velocity c select 2

nv = c setvelocity [(vx * 2),(vy * 2),(vz * 1)]
c globalchat "Holy crap!"
~1
~1

exit

Its simple but it works. Just addaction to your car like:
car addaction ["boost","nitro.sqs"]

and name your vehicle car. You could make it more complicated so that it would increase your speed over a period of time. If you want the car to go faster then just change the 2's after setvelocity to what ever you like. Hope this helps.

EDIT: now that I look at your post again this probably wont be very help ful :P but oh well.
« Last Edit: 03 Aug 2004, 07:24:41 by Victor78 »

« Reply #7 on: 03 Aug 2004, 20:42:23 »
http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=283

^^^this one works good but the problem is i need to set it so you can only use the boost once.  I found out you can push nitros boost a bunch of times and your car will start flying  ;D