Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: weapon sounds not working  (Read 1772 times)

monoloth69

weapon sounds not working
« on: 14 Jul 2004, 04:09:05 »
Ok, I have alomost got this damm weapon finished, but I cant get the sounds to work ingame when I test it.  Below is the chunk of config that I have as a "base", but when I add my sound names to it, they still wonmt work.

visibleFire=1.5; // - hardly visible when shot
      audibleFire=0.05; // - some sound when shot
      sound[]={"[miss_1.wss",1,1};
      soundHit[]={"",1,1}; //when it hits
      soundhitGround[]={"hit_ground.wss",1}; //when it hits ground....ect ect....
      soundhitMan[]={"hit_man1.wss",1,"hit_man2.wss",1,"hit_man3.wss",1};
      soundhitArmor[]={"soundHit",1};
      soundhitBuilding[]={"hit_building.wss",1};

As you can see I have added my sounds, which are highlighted in pretty colors.  The .wss files are in the actual addon folder, so they are mashed right into the pbo when I crush it to test it.

Can anyone shed some light on my little malfunction??

Is my syntax for naming them correct?

Do the files have to be called out like:
     soundhitBuilding[]={"hit_building.wss",0.50000};   or are they called out without the .wss on the end?
Why do some have more than one number after the name of the file?

Do the sound files have to be placed in the dta folder also?

I have tried mimicking other addon configs...still no dice

Anyone that can help, please post it or gimme a holler

monoloth@disciples-squad.net

Offline DesertFox

• Members
    • Bloody Days Mod Homepage
Re:weapon sounds not working
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2004, 15:50:36 »
Uhm....I understand from what you wrote that you have your own sounds in your own PBO, is that right?
Because: If it is, then I would call the sound defines (for example "hit_building"); in our case: ".\YourPBO_Name\hit_building.wss" if you put the files into your PBO without creating a subfolder. (if you made a subfolder, take ".\YourPBO_name\Soundfolder\hit-buildind.wss).
Hope this helped...

Greets,

-DesertFox
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2004, 15:51:07 by DesertFox »
DesertFox, Texturer of Bloody Days Mod

monoloth69

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2004, 04:27:37 »
Thanks DF, I did what u suggested and my sounds are now in adn working.

Except for one thing.............my neaw ammo falls under the Grenade characteristics, like the mortar round, not hand grenade, and now whatever my ammo hits, i get an explosion sound, which is not what I want.  

Any ideas?

monoloth69

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2004, 06:24:12 »
Cmon everyone....................out of all these people in here that make massive addon packs and the like......no one can help me with the lil explosion sound problem?????????????

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2004, 17:08:47 »
You really need to be patient, till someone with the knowledge to help you happens to fall into this topic.

It might just be that nobody with the knowledge to help you has seen this yet.

Just wait and be patient.

I would help if I could, but I have never dabbled in weapons or weapon sound configs yet.

Hope you get help soon, but just be patient.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

monoloth69

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2004, 18:58:03 »
Rgr Planck, sorry to seem so demanding, have just been working on this addon for way too long I guess.

Its just that too many times I have seen my posts, and many other's posts, relegated to the far far pages of the forum, with still no answers.  And searching thru all the posts, which I have done, often offers no help.

So I apologize for my apparent rudeness, and will just wait patiently till the knowledge finds its way to me.

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jul 2004, 01:45:15 »
ya i had this problem too, i couldnt change the bullet sound into a missle exploding sound i think its a bug

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2004, 09:30:21 »
Hmm if your ammo inherits its characteristics off a grenade, then it will use those characteristics UNLESS you define a new characteristic.....in this case, im guessing its the  sound for hitting the ground........

So you need to provide a new sound for hitting the ground.....i think.... ::)

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #8 on: 19 Jul 2004, 00:30:17 »
ya, i "overwrite" the old sound with a exploding sound but still wouldnt work

stoppelhopser

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2004, 23:07:00 »
well i donÂ't have an instant solution to this, but i would track it down if i where you... that is, take the original config and find the class yours is derived from. then see if anything soundy is defined there.. if not, check the base class of it the same way... if nothing found here, check the base classÂ's base class, a.s.o, till you find the types of sounds defined. then you know what sounds to change to a dummy config-wise...

Ice Man 3:16

« Reply #10 on: 31 Jul 2004, 03:45:08 »
Cmon everyone....................out of all these people in here that make massive addon packs and the like......no one can help me with the lil explosion sound problem?????????????

I had the same problem a while back.... I tryed everything but i think its an engine limit.  One thing you can do is make a blank .wav file or soemthing that is set for the explosion sound.  It will play that sound insted of the standard BOOM!  The only problem is that you will never have the explosion sound if you need it,