Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Single-player Tank  (Read 1072 times)

Rocko Bonaparte

Single-player Tank
« on: 15 Sep 2004, 05:21:33 »
I'm getting confident enough to try and tackle a unit I really want to see in multiplayer games -- a single-player controlled tank.  It's just too much hassle with informal games to share a tank  ;).  

I've noticed the M1AbramsAuto class which does almost everything I want.  However, both the gun and the front end of the tank follow the cursor.  What happens then is the tank will begin to steer as the gun is oriented to the far left or right of the driver's viewport.

I was hoping to disconnect the gun and drive control so that look commands (the mouse) controls the turret independently of movement controls (the keyboard).  Is this something that can be done in a config.cpp file?  In short, does it require an elaborate hack?  If it has been done before, where can I see it in action?

Fretan

Re:Single-player Tank
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2004, 13:32:07 »
Be the driver and press *. Then you will be turning the tank it self with the keyboard and the turret with the mouse.
Hope this is what you are looking for.

Fretan.

Edit: only works with the vehichle you are talking about.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2004, 13:32:50 by Fretan »

Rocko Bonaparte

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2004, 01:28:17 »
Actually that takes care of the problem.  Thanks.  Now I have to see if I can change the view so it's from the gunner's perspective and I'll be golden.

Rocko Bonaparte

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2004, 07:17:14 »
I can't lock the gunner's view to the driver.  Specifically, when using optics, I wish the view to turn with the gun.  Right now, it's still behaving kind of like a car -- when zoomed in, the gun will track the cursor, but the cursor won't stay centered.