Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do I add animations?  (Read 2824 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

How do I add animations?
« on: 30 Sep 2002, 19:28:50 »
Hi there guyz. I'm trying to make an huge mech warrior type of machine called a vanszheur from the well known (I think it is) play station game "Front Mission."  Well,, I didn't even start making the model (I'm still drawing it and and scaling the drawing and doing many researches on the parts of the machine) but I have to know,,, first of all,, is it even possible to make the huge thing work....

I want its basic function to be an armored vehicle with 3 crew members (though in the game (play station) it is single man'd) I want to make the machine to "WALK" ofcourse, slowly,,, maybe 2~3 seconds for 1 step...  

So,,, does anyone have any idea?? Is it possible?? The handgun animation was possible so I just thought it is maybe possible for the armored units to.

Well, let me hear what you guyz think.

Oh ya, the vanzsheur is like a huge (20~35 meters)  battle machine which usually carries a huge machinegun and a rocket launcher on its shoulder.  It is customizable in the playstation but it gets too Science Fictionous so I want to keep it in its original shape... since the original machine was a little more realistic and thinkable... when you customize it too much,,,, you will start to see many parts which gives you doubt about the functions of the machine.  Like, is that shoulder part sticking out really necessary?? What is the use of that movable one eye thing?? Why does it have a horn on its head?? Why is the freaking thing starting to look more like me??

You could find links to the game and pictures by going to

http://www.game-revolution.com/games/sony/strategy/front_mission_3.htm

http://www.all4games.com/playstation/frontmission3/

for screenshots of the machines go to (not really the one I'm talking about,,,, dang..)

http://www.all4games.com/playstation/frontmission3/pictures.html

Thanks guyz... I'm finally off from my 2 hell month long suspension (in the house... or usually called grounding.... (I just went out on a camp and a series of boonie stomping and some cliff climbings,,, ofcourse with my Moms permission,,, my dad is such a you know what.... just because I had few hundreds of cut marks on my arms,,, (sword grass.)))

DeadMeatXM2

Re:How do I add animations?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2002, 21:48:43 »
you don't mate.

Unless you've got the program BIS used to make  the anims in the first place, its a no go :(

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2002, 22:14:25 »
You'll need Motion Capture equipment, access to the source code of the game, and the complete version of O2. None of which you will get a hold of unless you are a BIS employee ;)

So, sorry, no can do mate.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

3XTR3ME

« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2002, 02:58:17 »
oh yeah right....well how the heck did OTW make his M1911A1 slide function with every shot then? hmmmm??
Same with this Glock series of weapons

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2002, 03:51:55 »
You can't make rtm animations which is what Cat would need to do to animate movement. Rotation animation of things like sliders on guns and doors is a totally different animation code.

SelectThis

Vladmir

« Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2002, 03:52:22 »
I believe the slide is a seperate model which......... ahhhhhh
screw it ! I DON'T KNOW!!!!

Vladmir

« Reply #6 on: 01 Oct 2002, 03:52:40 »
I believe the slide is a seperate model which......... ahhhhhh
screw it ! I DON'T KNOW!!!!

Vladmir

« Reply #7 on: 01 Oct 2002, 03:54:55 »
oops I posted twice and Select this already answered it...sooooooooo... :P

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #8 on: 01 Oct 2002, 09:14:16 »
Hmm,, ok, then thanks guyz.  I'll ask the OFP internal guyz if they could some how decode those .rtm animation files and be able to make an rtm editor.... like how they did the wrp editor.  Do you think this is a smart thing to do??  I know those guyz don't have the time but I think they'll get somehow interested in it.  

Oh ya, for the animations of the door on the buildings,,, how do you do that? I want to know that.  I just got my O2 last week so I have a lot to catch up and a lot to learn.  

Again, thanks guyz.  Cya.

Offline Jonno

• Former Staff
  • (retired)
« Reply #9 on: 01 Oct 2002, 13:09:04 »
The Colt with the sliding breach worked as the slided breach position was included within the muzzle flash, if that makes sense to you.  :)
7 P's, Proper Planning And Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 01 Oct 2002, 21:26:45 »
I retract my previous statement.

Head on over to http://www.natosoldier.com and see what the amazing FlipeR and OFP Internals have done.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

The_MusswaH

« Reply #11 on: 01 Oct 2002, 23:24:46 »
those dudes rool the roost :afro:

Vladmir

« Reply #12 on: 02 Oct 2002, 00:17:59 »
The Colt with the sliding breach worked as the slided breach position was included within the muzzle flash, if that makes sense to you.  :)
Oh....sorry for my emotional breakdown... :-[

3XTR3ME

« Reply #13 on: 02 Oct 2002, 02:14:02 »
I'm pitching a tent here.....why doesnt flipper release his p3d too so we can edit existing models...?

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #14 on: 02 Oct 2002, 16:00:00 »
I knew it! I knew it!!! I knew that they will do it!! Oh Jesus, ooh, Jesus, thank you for your kindness!! Thanks fliper!! And OFCOURSE,,, EsPeciaLLy,, thanks to the internal guyz, I was just going to write them the letter about how about making an animation editor but,,, well,,, that is no use alrdy,,, aaaah!! I'm soo freaking happy!!!

Now, the next step is to learn how to use the o2 and the o2 viewer...  Currently, I don't know where to extract those 2 files and where to put my folder with the textures and .p3d and I can't load the textures... I read the helps but I still didn't understand it... maybe someone could tell me where specifically to put each files.... Do you have to install the viewer "IN" the "O2light" folder where the oxygen is?? or Do I extract the file as a different root folder?? Well, anyways, I think I'll just hold the study of SAT tonight and read more news about the animation editah...