Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Optics on Car class vehicle.  (Read 1269 times)

FischKopp

Optics on Car class vehicle.
« on: 26 Jul 2004, 12:08:55 »
Hi guys,

IÂ'm working on a HMMWV Pack including diffrent Version. But I got a problem with adding a Optic on a Car class Vehicle. If tried it Optic modell appear direct in front of the gunner face, although IÂ've put the gunnerview vertex at a other place. Can somebody help me out?

... and I figured out that the gunner has to be a part of the selection "otochlavne", or is that fasle cos it would be look a little bit weired if the gunner rotate with this axis  :-\ .

A piture of the HMMWV Pack
http://www.opsosite.de/upload/data/media/38/hum.jpg

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re:Optics on Car class vehicle.
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2004, 17:12:30 »
Hi there ;)

I thought I post this here as I've been theorising (meaning I haven't tested this yet) on this problem...

Yes, you need to have the gunner proxy in the 'view cargo LOD' on both otochlaven and otocvez selections.

Now, when the gunner proxy is in both of those otocs the gunner will spin around with the weapon (as it does already) but he will also tilt with the weapon, which now leads us to the gunnerview vertex.

It is not supported in car class vehicle either (I'm surprised BIS even put cars in OFP...) so the gunner view will always be on the gunner 'eyes'...

So what you need to do is to make a 'hole' in your tow launcher model (Or better yet, make it with textures so there won't be more faces...), so when you switch to optics view the gunner actually looks through that hole with the optics model...
Adjust in the config the zoom factor for the gunner view so that the borders of that hole wont be visible...

I wish I could explain myself better  :-\ but I hope this helps...

If you take a look at some BTR addons that are around, I think  the optics are done that way...
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2004, 17:13:06 by HateR_Kint »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.