Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: MAKING A PDF FILE OF AN ISLAND  (Read 1880 times)

Offline ZNorQ

• Members
  • ehr... uhm... duh...
MAKING A PDF FILE OF AN ISLAND
« on: 12 Jul 2004, 12:33:28 »
Hey!

We're planning to have a large scale hardcopy of the sarugao map for a LAN game comming up this winter. And I have no clue what so every where to begin. I know there came PDF files for the original games, but I haven't found any for Sarugao.

I'm VERY unfamiliar with the WRP editing, and I'm not very interested either... But I would like to make a PDF file for printing the island in a grand scale..

Anyone have any suggestions..?

(PS! Sorry if this topic is in the wrong channel.. I didn't know where else to put it..)

ZNorQ

DBR_ONIX

Re:MAKING A PDF FILE OF AN ISLAND
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2004, 15:42:13 »
Y'need something like this ::
https://createpdf.adobe.com/index.pl/2227254674.84033?BP=IE&v=AHP
Not sure how good it is, but it's made by Adobe, so I'm guessing its okay :)
- Ben
BTW, Corel Draw 10 can make them too.. Is there a trial of that?

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2004, 02:06:44 »
Yeah, this can be a real pain. Your best option is take screenshots inside WRPtool, then stitch them together with your favorite mega-picture editor, then use a mill as suggested to PDF it out. You may have better luck and resolution if you keep it one screenshot per page, instead of trying to combine it like BIS did, you'll have to cut and tape though.

Offline ZNorQ

• Members
  • ehr... uhm... duh...
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2004, 10:41:30 »
Hey and thx for the replys folks.

A friend of mine did exactly that, shinRaiden, screencaptured the whole island directly from the game, and printed it out... "A real painful experience" was his report...  ;D (btw, it was 2x2m. in size)

That was Nogova.. Now its time for Suragao, so I was hoping for a good solution. It would be nice if the WRPtool (or the official island editor - can't remember the name) could export it out to a more readable/printable format. I'm not very familiar with any of the island editors - I'm consentrating more on the mission editing bit.

Anyway, I'll tell him to get on with the screenshots! :D

Thx again folks.

ZNorQ

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2004, 11:26:44 »
Poor guy  :'(....... ;D ;D ;D
:P
Hmm, I've just looked at the export thing in WRPEdit.. No use (Text, binary and wavefront only :()
 Looks like screenshothing the whole thing is your only hope :(
- Ben

Offline ZNorQ

• Members
  • ehr... uhm... duh...
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2004, 13:13:04 »
Roger that..!

I wonder how BIA did it with the 3 first maps? They are in adobe acrobat format - AND vector based.. Mayby I should head over to their forum and ask around...

Thanks for your efforts though, mate!

ZNorQ

Jakerod

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2004, 21:14:26 »
Hold the left SHIFT key and press the MINUS ("-") key on your keyboard's numeric keypad. Once you have done so, type in one of the following codes to activate the respective cheat:

topography - (From OFP: Resistance version 1.75 and above, you must play with a TERRAIN DETAIL setting of VERY LOW for this to work). This isn't a cheat but you might appreciate the results. Type during gameplay or while in the mission editor. This will create a file in your hard drive's root directory, named island_name.emf, containing a vector representation of the map of the island on which you are currently playing or editing. Note: these files are very large.
Could try that not sure exactly what it does though

Offline ZNorQ

• Members
  • ehr... uhm... duh...
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2004, 23:39:41 »
Hey Jakerod!

I got as far as doing everything right - got a message "Topography activated" - or something like that... Just that I can't find the file...

I'll try to figure it out from Avon's pages... (AFTER my summer vacation! 8))

Thanks for the tip!

ZNorQ

Offline ZNorQ

• Members
  • ehr... uhm... duh...
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jul 2004, 00:24:55 »
Forget it Jakerod!

We did it - and it is EXACTLY what we wanted! Thx again!

;D

ZNorQ