Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: n00b addon editing questions - looking for tutes  (Read 1256 times)

Major_Fubar

n00b addon editing questions - looking for tutes
« on: 15 Jul 2004, 03:34:45 »
Can someone please point me in the right direction for some basic addon editing and addon making tutes - specifically, to reskin user made addons, skinning in general, and to add pistol proxies to pre-Resistance addons?

I did search, but without much luck.

Sorry to be a pain-in-the-ass n00b.

Cheers - Fubar
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2004, 03:36:03 by Major_Fubar »

Kaliyuga

Re:n00b addon editing questions - looking for tutes
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2004, 03:51:15 »
while the tutorials on brsseb's site dont answer any of your specific questions.. they're pretty much how i got started making addons and such..

http://ofp.info/brsseb/

and I think they should help you to get a good grasp on modelling and texturing with O2  

as far as reskinning...

all that I've ever done is convert the .paa or .pac files back into .tga's with texview and then play around in Paintshop or Photoshop, overwrite the old texture with my new one and re-pbo.

If you want to make some troops I would highly suggest the BAS infantry kit that was released a while back..

its very simple to use...  basically if you have Photoshop and a 256x256 pattern of camo it does most of the legwork for you with the action file that comes with it

you can find it here:
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6383

good luck... the texturing is definately the hardest part, at least for me it is  ;D

I've made, or help made a boat, a gun, a sub, quite a few little static addons, and im working on some buildings and units so if you have any specific questions i'm usually on ICQ quite a bit.. MSN sometimes

I know i've seen some links to texturing tutorials around.. I'll see if I can remember any of them

I think on the old baconbomb/earl's site he wrote a tutorial on making weapon textures that was pretty good also

:cheers:

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2004, 04:10:00 »
i have made a micro tuturiol for texture path changing in mlod models
http://forums.opflashpoint.org/viewtopic.php?t=15282
2nd post

Major_Fubar

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2004, 01:47:32 »
Thanks for the responses. I will check them out.

As for new models - I have got permission from some authors to update some old units. These units use the standard BIS soldier models, but with custom skins. So I guess I just have to modify the custom skins. But what about the pistol proxy? I assume that since these use BIS models, that the pistol proxy would exist ingame somewhere - but how to tell and old addon to access it? i.e. They use pre-resisatnce FIA troops, but when they pick up pistls they turn invisible. I assume there is something in the config I need to change so they will access the post-Resistance pistol proxy for FIA troops.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2004, 02:01:25 »
I'm not sure what you need to do to get the pistols to show up .i know on the newer infantry, they have a pistol proxy on the models showing where and how the pistol is displayed ...

I'm assuming they added the proxies in an update or something?

???

« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2004, 02:04:00 by Kaliyuga »

teaCup

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2004, 09:35:21 »
You can import the pistol proxy from the BIS sample model.
It's a triangle called something like "proxy:beretta.01".
You need to put it in all the LODs.
Also, if you want it to move with the hand (it's always nice :)), you should add it to the right(?) hand ("pruka" if i remember correctly).
Just in case you're not familiar with this: "pruka" and "proxy:beretta.01" are named selections.