Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon reference tool  (Read 989 times)

stoppelhopser

Addon reference tool
« on: 30 Jul 2004, 23:01:20 »
hi everyone,

iÂ've written a tool to create documentation of addons as a html website.
the background is that often when you make missions with unofficial or base your addons on other addons (modgroups) you need to know classnames of weapons, magazines and units (e.g. for filling ammo boxes a.s.o)
the tool i wrote analizes the config.cpp and creates a html-file
with tables for units and weapons found including all necessary information.
it is targeted at both, addon makers and users, to make usage of addons more handy.
if an addon maker would distribute such a file with his addon(s) i think this would be of great use for people who use the addon(s).
release version is designated v.1.0, but i found a couple of bugs which are mainly based on the fact that even though the configs are c++-like, the syntax rules are not that strict, so parsing is a bit complicated. i tested it on several configs, but i always find new ways of how people write their configs.
if someone finds this tool useful i would be greatful for tests and bug reports.
a documentation on how to use the prog and a sample output-file are included in the zip distribution, which you can get here:
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/lib4145/libdownloads03.htm

i am still adding more features, but for now it already does (mostly   ;D ) what it is supposed to...

greetz
stoppel